Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Chronicle Brewery - Bowmanville

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Chronicle Brewery - Bowmanville

Post by Blasphomet »

Anyone else been there? They've been around since April. Youngens still but I've been satisfied with some of their beer and a little disappointed with others. I do feel like there is definite potential here though. Because of that I have no problem supporting them. I recall Rouge River not being very great at the beginning. Maybe for their first year, but now I think they've found their groove and are great.

Here's hoping Chronicle does well!

Also, there must be something in the water they use in Bowmanville, because like Manantler, the beer seems to have this deep, earthy, barnyard taste at times.

Interested on some of your opinions if you have any!

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

My friend out in the east end, just picked up 8 different beers, and I will be sampling them this weekend.... report to come.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Urotsukidoji wrote:My friend out in the east end, just picked up 8 different beers, and I will be sampling them this weekend.... report to come.
Sounds good.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Well, 8 beers sampled, all solid - enjoyed them all, with a couple stand outs, "Mind Flay IPA", and "Spiced Yam Casserale" (a non pumpkin fall spiced beer that works very well).

These guys will see a revisit.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Yeah the Mind Flay was actually more impressive than I expected. A non-hazy, old school (feels weird saying that) IPA.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I finally made it to Chronicle. I had a really sub-par Dry Hopped Kettle sour. No hop presence whatsoever and barely tart. Very watery. I also had Dwarven Stout which was quite good. Lots of roasted malt, milk chocolate and very creamy. So, batting 500 for me. I’ll defintely Go back next time I’m I. The area.