Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

darmokandjalad wrote:
Lukie wrote:IMO Komes, a hefty, sumptuous 9% Baltic Porter, is really great value at $3.65 for 500ml currently.
Agreed, and it's also great to see something from Poland that is not a pale lager. There is a real lack of variety in the central/eastern European selection in this province. More baltic porters and dark lagers from that region would be a welcome addition to the shelves.
I realize I am a bit late to the party, and it is not exactly the quintessential summer beer (though ok on a stormy, overcast day like today) but I couldn't agree more - this beer is absolutely excellent and a steal at $3.65 for 500 ml. It could be listed for double that and I doubt you would blink.

I will definitely be buying a bunch for the long cold winter (presumably) ahead.

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

Wow...drinking a Yummy from Beyond The Pale. Not cheap at $4.00 a can, but a good Jutsu clone.

There are going to be too many of these in my fridge soon.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Thanks. Will keep my eyes peeled for that - one loves Jutsu. Funny, but BTP seems to be one of the mainstays of my Loblaws here in the middle of Toronto, even though it originates in Ottawa of course. The mysteries of our beer distribution I guess ...

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

If anyone knows any grocery stores stocking Yummy in the south Durham area (Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa) let me know.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Fuggles & Warlock’s Destiny IPA and Strawberry Wit at TBS if that interests anyone.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

S M A

Post by S M A »

midlife crisis wrote:I realize I am a bit late to the party, and it is not exactly the quintessential summer beer (though ok on a stormy, overcast day like today) but I couldn't agree more - this beer [Komes] is absolutely excellent and a steal at $3.65 for 500 ml. It could be listed for double that and I doubt you would blink.

I will definitely be buying a bunch for the long cold winter (presumably) ahead.
Yes, it's very good. And the Dorval store in Oakville actually has loads of it, discounted to $2.57 or something equally ridiculous. Stock up I will.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA has turned up at a few LCBO stores:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/deschu ... 52XDXKpU5s

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

The new GLB Toronto Island Strawberry and Mango Norwegian Farmhouse Ale is soooooooooooooo good. Totally worth $10 for the 650ml bottle imo. I may have to load up.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Orval_Al wrote:The new GLB Toronto Island Strawberry and Mango Norwegian Farmhouse Ale is soooooooooooooo good. Totally worth $10 for the 650ml bottle imo. I may have to load up.
Having one now!

Definite presence of berry / tropical fruit blended into the dry and lightly earthy aspects. Aromas are more tangy and wild-berry-esque. There's a little genuine body and character to this one, worth trying one.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Orval_Al wrote:Wow...drinking a Yummy from Beyond The Pale. Not cheap at $4.00 a can, but a good Jutsu clone.

Agree on all points. I really dig this beer, and its a good alternative to Jutsu at (I think) $1.50 less for the same amount.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin 6x355ml bottles. 7% abc. $17.65.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/ballas ... 6WVxBZE2aN

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Heck yeah! Love that beer.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Bobsy wrote:
Orval_Al wrote:Wow...drinking a Yummy from Beyond The Pale. Not cheap at $4.00 a can, but a good Jutsu clone.
Agree on all points. I really dig this beer, and its a good alternative to Jutsu at (I think) $1.50 less for the same amount.
This brew is fantastic. Jutsu similarity noted, especially the slightly 'peppery' hop resin. A good fridge stocker-upper for me too. Your stock is rising BtP.
In Beerum Veritas

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

GtownRandy wrote:Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin 6x355ml bottles. 7% abc. $17.65.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/ballas ... 6WVxBZE2aN
I'd kill for the habanero one. Hope we get it at some point

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock is back. What a great value, $2.95 for a 500ml can of 7.9abv goodness.