Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

portwood wrote:
Call me a beer snob/idiot, but going forward, I'll avoid buying ANY hoppy beer that is more than a month old.
You are not alone in that thinking. TH's IPAs fall off a cliff at around 4 weeks. I find Trillium has a little more longevity to it, but maybe a couple weeks more at best.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:My LCBO had Old Tom's Egg Nog and Beers of Scotland pack out today. little early? :o

So I was in store today and the Xmas displays are going up fast. I saw a bunch alread.
Czechvar mini keg
St. Peter winter ale
Bah humbug
Innis gunn 3 pack(one mystery beer) and new glass
Spencer mixed 3 pack with Trappist glass
Historic Beers if Scotland
Belhaven mixed pack
St Bernardus mixed pack
The big bottles of Grolsch and Stella.
Never had spencer Trappist before, looking forward to that!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

The Spencer pack is pretty good value. One Trappist Ale, Imperial Stout and Holiday Ale and a nice glass for about $16 IIRC.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:The Spencer pack is pretty good value. One Trappist Ale, Imperial Stout and Holiday Ale and a nice glass for about $16 IIRC.
I believe Spencer are a Trappist monastery that brews beer? But yeah, I get that you are referring to trappist-style ales maybe similar to Chimay, St Bernardus, etc. Spencer are decent!
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Belgian wrote:I believe Spencer are a Trappist monastery that brews beer? But yeah, I get that you are referring to trappist-style ales maybe similar to Chimay, St Bernardus, etc. Spencer are decent!
Yup, their flagship is creativly named "Trappist Ale". Last time I tried it, it reminded me a lot of Chimay Gold, but with a more heft at 6.5% abv.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Spencer is the only American Trappist monk brewery in the world located in Spencer, Mass.

https://spencerbrewery.com/index.php

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GtownRandy wrote:Spencer is the only American Trappist monk brewery in the world located in Spencer, Mass.
... and (I am told) the only brewers of Spencer Trappist Ales (which I guess all their ales would be.)
In Beerum Veritas

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Whats the product number on the Spencer? I can’t find it in the system.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Whats the product number on the Spencer? I can’t find it in the system.

You can find it at Speedvale lcbo(as of last Friday anyway)

portwood

Post by portwood »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:Whats the product number on the Spencer? I can’t find it in the system.

You can find it at Speedvale lcbo(as of last Friday anyway)
on shelves at various stores but not listed in the online system
none of the "gift packs" are listed yet ... same happened last year. eventually the listings will show up...
@markhamwhisky

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

sofakingdrunk wrote:

#620260 $16.75 BB dates are mid - 2020

If you are in Hamilton Centre Mall and I got mine at Fennel and Gage, probably 15 left there or so.

Innis and Gunn was also there, that one also looked good.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Thanks to LCBO Beer Watch (on Twitter), I see that the holiday packs have been listed.
Not sure if part of the Holiday release or Winter one but Traquair Jacobite has been added as well as Red Racer Smore Stout.
Left Field Go-Ahead Raspberry Hibiscus Gose was listed too.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

The Black Butte back, but in six pack this time...not the bomber. Happy days :lol:

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Anyone know what those Rochester Milk Stouts are listed under on the LCBO site? I still want to try the fuck out of them but can't find them.