Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dominion City

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Dominion City

Post by Masterplan »

Couldn't find a thread, but just wanted to post that Monster Mash DIPA, is really good (edit: I shouldn't over use words fantastic).

portwood

Post by portwood »

Masterplan wrote:Couldn't find a thread, but just wanted to post that Monster Mash DIPA, is really good
agreed
@markhamwhisky

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

Do they have any beers in the LCBO?

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

-Liam- wrote:Do they have any beers in the LCBO?
Not trying to be dickish, but why don't you just go to the LCBO website and check. I just did. They have no listings.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Not trying to be dickish, but why don't you just go to the LCBO website and check. I just did. They have no listings.
I did do that. But from my experience using the LCBO app, I've seen beers not exist on there, only for them to be sitting on a shelf in a store. It's not exactly a perfect 'system', so I just thought I'd ask.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

-Liam- wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:
I did do that. But from my experience using the LCBO app, I've seen beers not exist on there, only for them to be sitting on a shelf in a store. It's not exactly a perfect 'system', so I just thought I'd ask.
No, it is not perfect. I haven't experienced too many problems with the LCBO site. I get a little more frustrated with TBS website. They are quite bad in being inconsistent in how they enter the products in. You can search for a brewery and not find something because it was only entered using a brand name.

Example: If you search for Four Fathers, you will get their Schevchenko 9 and The Starter. But you won't see their New World Pilsner unless you specifically search for it. Very poor.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

S. St. Jeb wrote:I haven't experienced too many problems with the LCBO site...
Well they can be depressingly Soviet-era in the indifferent way they list online information. They tend to carelessly omit or misspell things, and once entered in the system the errors are rarely fixed. The product languishes one assumes - not good.

I also find the in-store POP information very lacking and inconsistent. Plus those tiny shelf tags half a foot from the floor? I have to pull them out to read them. It feels like they just want you to buy and get out, rather than help to inform and educate you. It's like a holdover from the Soviet-style 1970's LCBOs where they could pretty much monitor the lives of customers & you couldn't even see the products. 'Less you know the better, sir!'

In Beerum Veritas

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Just an FYI on the Monster Mash, drink it up, it's already degraded from 4+ rating to a sub 4...

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Quebec was the same in the 70s. December you would be in a half hour lineup, or more. Buying beer at the corner store was such a relief.
Reliable Beer Critic

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

anyways. dominion city do indeed rule. between them and tooth and nail ottawa's got it going on these days.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Sunsplit when fresh is top notch !
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Dominion City has seen the most of my money since this pandemic

At one point they had like 5 Hazy beers in stock and they were all awesome

Stock is simply terrible as of today though

distr0

Post by distr0 »

I'd love to do a dominion order if they had more than 1 beer available for more than 5 minutes! Anyone know whats up there? Have they scaled back production? Super busy with online orders?

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

The 10$ flat rate shipping is beyond reasonable, compared to other breweries in the province. I’ve Definately ordered far more online from these guys in the past than anyone else.
I’ve never had issue with low stock....but haven’t ordered since Nov-Dec, so can’t really speak on it.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Exactly.. they did such a good job with doing affordable delivery right off the jump, at a time when other breweries weren’t, that I got several large orders in, in a row..

I’m actually JUST getting to the end of it all now

Sunsplit, Friends and Neighbors, and Tomorrow Never Comes were stellar. Did not like the Two Flags