Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Winter Seasonal Craft Beer Release 2018/19

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ceecee

Winter Seasonal Craft Beer Release 2018/19

Post by Ceecee »

LCBO 634501 Insel Kreide - 750 ml - Germany
LCBO 629493 Loch Lomond Silkie Stout - 330 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 426700 Mein Aventinus Barrique - 750 ml - Germany
LCBO 633784 Traquair Jacobite Ale - 330 ml - United Kingdom
LCBO 633792 Oskar Blues Hot Box Coffee Porter - 1420 ml - United States
LCBO 633800 Spencer Monk's Reserve Ale - 330 ml - United States
LCBO 633818 Stone Xocoveza Imperial Stout - 650 ml - United States
LCBO 402370 Trappist Westmalle Dubbel - 330 ml - Belgium
LCBO 97469 Eggenberg Brewery's Samichlaus - 330 ml - Austria
LCBO 633826 Grand Cru des Rocs - 750 ml - Belgium
LCBO 530436 Canadian Breakfast Stout - 355 ml - United States
LCBO 634097 Gulden Draak Brewmaster Whisky Barrel Edition - 750 ml - Belgium
LCBO 523662 Forked River Flanders Red - 500 ml - Canada
LCBO 498691 Monty's Aged Ryed Ale - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 638858 Railway City Honey Elixir - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 445577 Great Lakes Brewery Lake Effect IPA - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 643015 Boshkung Brewing Co. Campfire Rye - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 543389 Nickel Brook Kentucky Bastard Imperial Stout - 500 ml - Canada
LCBO 543074 Nickel Brook Winey Bastard Imperial Stout - 500 ml - Canada
LCBO 555474 Nickel Brook Cuvee Barrel Aged Reserve Ale - 500 ml - Canada
LCBO 543082 Nickel Brook Cafe del Bastardo Imperial Stout - 500 ml - Canada
LCBO 488163 Great Lakes Brewery Winter Ale - 650 ml - Canada
LCBO 644336 Beau's Mix Winter 2018 - 2400 ml - Canada
LCBO 540765 Beau's Lambs Wool Gruit - 600 ml - Canada
LCBO 448621 Beau's New Lang Syne 2018 - 750 ml - Canada
LCBO 553768 WINTER - 2130 ml - Canada
LCBO 643106 Peanut Butter Shake - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 549907 Walkerville Kremlin Russian Imperial Stout - 750 ml - Canada
LCBO 488072 Russian Gun Imperial Stout - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 365627 Beau's The Tom Green Beer Milk Stout - 600 ml - Canada
LCBO 638874 Maclean's Armchair Scotch Ale - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 329144 Beau's Strong Patrick - 600 ml - Canada
LCBO 644344 Beau's Paper Chase - 600 ml - Canada
LCBO 644351 Left Field Brewery Go-Ahead Goose - 355 ml - Canada
LCBO 643122 Winter Stout - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 638882 Hops - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 643130 Ace Hill Winter Radler - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 544015 Omnipollo Prodromus - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 643155 On Blueberry Hill Blueberry Stout - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 635375 Lake of Bays Brewing Starboard New England IP - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 474072 Big Rig Midnight Kissed my Cow Choco Milk - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 642876 Moosehead Small Batch London Stout - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 637157 Great Lakes Brewery Audrey Hopburn Belgian IP - 1420 ml - Canada
LCBO 410779 Sawdust City Long Dark Voyage to Uranus - 473 ml - Canada
LCBO 70359 Barrel Aged Barley Wine - 500 ml - Canada

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Nice list, looking forward to Traquair Jacobite Ale and Oskar Blues Hot Box Coffee Porter.

Insel Kreide could be a good one for the holidays. From the north German brewer: "A seductive beer for festive occasions: brewed with chalky water and fermented with Bière Brut yeast. Delicate fruity bouquet of white grapes and pear. Fine-bubbled, subtly effervescent with a discreet acidity and a dry finish. The sophisticated refresher from the Baltic sea’s white bathing resorts." I can't say I've heard of a beer brewed with "chalky water" before. Maybe this is a bad translation?

I'll probably be getting most of the first dozen items listed there. I also love that much of this is smaller format.

Intrigued by some of the listings with limited details: Peanut Butter Shake, Winter Stout, Hops, Barrel Aged Barley Wine — all good things in my book!

How dare you post this before Nov 11! :roll:

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

beerstodiscover wrote:Nice list, looking forward to Traquair Jacobite Ale and Oskar Blues Hot Box Coffee Porter.

Insel Kreide could be a good one for the holidays. From the north German brewer: "A seductive beer for festive occasions: brewed with chalky water and fermented with Bière Brut yeast. Delicate fruity bouquet of white grapes and pear. Fine-bubbled, subtly effervescent with a discreet acidity and a dry finish. The sophisticated refresher from the Baltic sea’s white bathing resorts." I can't say I've heard of a beer brewed with "chalky water" before. Maybe this is a bad translation?

I'll probably be getting most of the first dozen items listed there. I also love that much of this is smaller format.

Intrigued by some of the listings with limited details: Peanut Butter Shake, Winter Stout, Hops, Barrel Aged Barley Wine — all good things in my book!

They probably just mean water with a high calcium content.

Exciting list.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

beerstodiscover wrote:Nice list, looking forward to Traquair Jacobite Ale and Oskar Blues Hot Box Coffee Porter.

I'm dying to try WINTER.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Craig wrote:I'm dying to try WINTER.
It's probably a bunch of shelfies that the BO puts in a box and sells for 50 cents less than if you bought them individually.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Thats a big list of many beers I'd like to try.
So happy it's safe to go back into LCBOs now that pumpkin beer season is over.... :-? :o

bradb

Post by bradb »

Dang, another winter release without Westmalle Tripel making a return. The Dubbel is nice but I covet the Tripel.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

bradb wrote:Dang, another winter release without Westmalle Tripel making a return. The Dubbel is nice but I covet the Tripel.
I miss the Westmalle gift packs....at least we have the Chimay one this year...but I believe I need another Westmalle glass to have a set of 4, haha.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

That list -- with links to each brews' LCBO listing -- is at https://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detai ... 62/kw/beer
Some items are already showing stock early. The "Barrel Aged Barley Wine" is just the usual Mill Street offering.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

is it just me or has Mill St. scaled back LCBO releases this year compared to previous years?

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

About the "Peanut Butter Shake" beer ... from Whitewater Brewing at http://whitewaterbeer.ca/2018/11/02/issue-no-21/
a New Seasonal in the LCBO

As of the first week of December, we will be adding another seasonal to our LCBO lineup. Peanut Butter Shake is a Stout with strong notes of peanut and a background of chocolate, caramel, and sweet cream. This easy drinking, medium bodied sweet stout has a well rounded malt finish that’s sure to cure your peanut butter cravings.

Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

just a PSA there will be no Holiday Advent Calendars this year by the LCBO
Regrettably, we won't be offering advent calendars this holiday season. That being said, customer feedback plays a vital role in our purchasing process and it would be our pleasure to log your interest in our system for future consideration.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

My wife’s cousin works at the LCBO. I know from him that there were many of the German calendars leftover after Christmas last year. I got one on Feb 1 for about 40% original price if I remember correctly. His store couldn’t wait to get rid of them. Not surprised they aren’t back.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Coronaeus wrote:My wife’s cousin works at the LCBO. I know from him that there were many of the German calendars leftover after Christmas last year. I got one on Feb 1 for about 40% original price if I remember correctly. His store couldn’t wait to get rid of them. Not surprised they aren’t back.
Yet from my recollection anytime a craft beer calendar has been listed it's limited quantities and sells out quickly. Maybe they should actually listen to the consumers and source some local options. I got the German calendar last year, and while it was fun to try beers I've never had before, most of them were unremarkable, safe options. I'm willing to bet a craft beer advent would sell much better.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

if you still want an Advent Calendar...

https://craftbeerimports.ca/landing/Cra ... Ontario/12