Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone know what those Rochester Milk Stouts are listed under on the LCBO site? I still want to try the fuck out of them but can't find them.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/milksh ... ack/630954

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Napalm Frog wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:Anyone know what those Rochester Milk Stouts are listed under on the LCBO site? I still want to try the fuck out of them but can't find them.
Thanks!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Weird.. why didnt we just get the regular sculpin
Probably because the Grapefruit one tastes better. :P

Both very good but I do prefer the Grapefruit one....the other versions that I've had (pineapple, aloha, etc) are not as good as either of these two.
Having one, yes it's pretty good but I might vote for the regular Sculpin. Good hop weight to it. Maybe I don't like citrus added to hoppy beers. I do like Schofferhofer Grapefruit, but that's a Hefeweizen (wheat beer.)
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Belgian wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Weird.. why didnt we just get the regular sculpin
Probably because the Grapefruit one tastes better. :P

Both very good but I do prefer the Grapefruit one....the other versions that I've had (pineapple, aloha, etc) are not as good as either of these two.
Having one, yes it's pretty good but I might vote for the regular Sculpin. Good hop weight to it. Maybe I don't like citrus added to hoppy beers. I do like Schofferhofer Grapefruit, but that's a Hefeweizen (wheat beer.)
I bought a 6-pack of the Grapefruit Sculpin and found that everyone I gave a bottle to (beer geeks and others) really enjoyed it. But I would agree that if you're drinking a bunch...maybe the normal version is best.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

El Pinguino wrote:I bought a 6-pack of the Grapefruit Sculpin and found that everyone I gave a bottle to (beer geeks and others) really enjoyed it. But I would agree that if you're drinking a bunch...maybe the normal version is best.
I tried 3 times to get a single in October :( I guess they want to sell the whole pack. it's now 3 months old?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Napalm Frog wrote:
Link no longer works. :cry:
lister

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

lister wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:

Saw this in store yesterday

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Wonder why this product disappeared from the lcbo website

lister wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I made the LCBO rounds last night. My last stop was Queen's Quay. Two gentlemen there were extremely helpful. They hadn't heard of it but went to look it up internally. Out west has it including up to western Etobicoke because the London warehouse had sent the product out. The east warehouse, Whitby, hadn't sent them yet. So expect most of Toronto and eastwards to get them later this week.
lister

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

lister wrote:
Napalm Frog wrote:

Very weird ... especially since the LCBO's Food & Drink site does still list the Rochester Mills MILKSHAKE STOUT variety pack, with current stock. Have a look here:
http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr ... ber=630954
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

It's out in Toronto now and thereabouts. Picked up several at King & Spadina. There's more in the back stockroom.
lister

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Saw it in Brampton today. Didn't buy it. Maybe I don't want to try the fuck out of those enough.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

So, the Rochester Mills Milkshake Stouts, I've had the blueberry, marshmallow and mint ones so far. There's gimmick there but not enough in my opinion. The girlfriend really liked the blueberry one and she generally dislikes stouts and porters. I thought it was fine. The marshmallow one disappointed. It's not the same beer obviously but I compare it to Southern Tier's Creme Brulee and it's not even close with the gimmick. The mint uses fake mint based on my experience, which I'm all for as I dislike real mint. It's better, tastes nearly like some mint chocolate bars. The pack is worth a try once if you're curious or like fun unusual beers.

Definitely most of you would hate this though. :P
lister

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Innis & Gunn Holiday Pack

anyone bought this? Wondering what the secret beer is?

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Urotsukidoji wrote:Innis & Gunn Holiday Pack

anyone bought this? Wondering what the secret beer is?
it's a spicy imperial stout. I like the idea. I wouldn't mind another NB Mystery Pack :D