Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Anyone Brewing Something Special for the Holiday's?

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Anyone Brewing Something Special for the Holiday's?

Post by Bobsy »

I'm sometimes a sucker for novelty and last year I picked up a 12 beers of Christmas pack from Lake Wilcox (surprisingly good) and Whitewater Brewing (Ho ho hum). The two craft beer advent calendars I've seen advertised have already closed for ordering, so my question is whether any Ontario brewers are bottling up some special treats to open over the holiday season? I'd love to find a local calendar option, or brews that bring some festive flavour to the table.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great lakes makes a winter ale.

Nickel Brook has Cuvee, which I don't think it's really a Christmas beer but they normally release it over the holidays, I think.

Black Oak releases Nutcracker (cinnamon) Porter every year.

Plus I'm sure there will be lots of one offs and such if you dig around.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Craig wrote:Great lakes makes a winter ale.

Nickel Brook has Cuvee, which I don't think it's really a Christmas beer but they normally release it over the holidays, I think.

Black Oak releases Nutcracker (cinnamon) Porter every year.

Plus I'm sure there will be lots of one offs and such if you dig around.
Yep - I'm aware of all of those and have been drinking them for years. I was more wondering if any brewer was looking at releasing a series of holiday-themed or advent style releases. Maybe not, though I'd say its a missed opportunity based on convos I've had with folks at work.

Also, I can't believe I put an apostrophe in holidays. I'm trying to tach my kid french and I can't even get english right.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Royal city is releasing an Xmas themed pack. Only four beers I think though. I can’t rmember what beers they are....other than one being called “the Gose of Christmas past”