Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Blood Brothers Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I stopped by here last week and was pretty impressed with range on offer. I should go more ofen.

Currently drinking Hocus Pocus. On the can: "Nitro sour brewed with cherries, vanilla and Mandarina Bavaria. Shake before pouring." It's really tasty and unique.
Love the cherry-vanilla interplay and the soft nitro mouthfeel. I always thought you needed a widget in the can to execute a canned nitro beer. It's very mildly sour and smells like a cherry danish.

Also sampled the Balam which is a bourbon barrel aged stout with coffee and vanilla. It's fantastic and worth $15 IMO.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

I was also there last week. They are pretty heavily skewed towards sour styles (albeit a diverse range of "sours") which isn't really my thing. My friends who do like sours have only positive things to say. I narrowly missed Balam, which is disappointing as I also don't get out that way too often. Was impressed with Unify or Die; I didn't think I'd enjoy a stout with cinnamon but it was really well integrated.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Provost Drunk wrote:They are pretty heavily skewed towards sour styles
I agree. My previous visit left me with the same impression — an abundance of While Lies variants.. which are good beers. Also I wasn't blown away by Shumei. However Balam is one of the best coffee stouts to have graced my palate. Also enjoyed Devil''s Trill III (hazy IPA).
I grabbed a Unify or Die to go.. looking forward to it.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I went to Blood Brothers yesterday. First time in a very long time. The current space is great, especially while the weather is nice with how open it can be. I overheard a conversation between one of the brothers and a tradesman. It looks like they are putting in a canning line.

The current IIPA ‘Everyrhing Goes Away’ was excellent. The Black hand stout was nice too. I also thought the Thai wings were tasty. Lots of fish sauce, chilli and lime.

If only it were easier to park close by.....

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I went to Blood Brothers yesterday. First time in a very long time. The current space is great, especially while the weather is nice with how open it can be. I overheard a conversation between one of the brothers and a tradesman. It looks like they are putting in a canning line.

The current IIPA ‘Everyrhing Goes Away’ was excellent. The Black hand stout was nice too. I also thought the Thai wings were tasty. Lots of fish sauce, chilli and lime.

If only it were easier to park close by.....

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Hey lads

Anyone know if there’s any way to get a full case of the Blood Brothers x Short Finger collab? It was a fruit punch semi sour, and I absolutely loved it. Bought it to go at Arabella Park and they sold out by the time I decided I’d spend $100 on it

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Been enjoying the "Everything Goes Away" series from these guys (big triple ipa bombs).