Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

I can't see them selling all of their stock at $19+ a bottle. Do the LCBO ever drop prices (significantly) to get rid of items?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Chain-wide discounts are generally maximum 20%, and usually less, are they not? I feel like individual stores also, very occasionally, do unadvertised deeper discounts on things they really want to get rid of, but there is no way of knowing about these except showing up and getting lucky (or word of mouth/word of Bar Towel).
Last edited by midlife crisis on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I've seen "clearance" discounts of 30% at various stores. Great if you can find 'em.

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Once in a while two sours... the Cascade Manhattan was $29.95 and is now selling for $21 while the Cascade Apricot that was $26 is now $16...both 750 ml bottles and apparently being discontinued

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

tyke66a wrote:Once in a while two sours... the Cascade Manhattan was $29.95 and is now selling for $21 while the Cascade Apricot that was $26 is now $16...both 750 ml bottles and apparently being discontinued
I picked up a Cascade Apricot for $16 at the Vic Park/Ellesmere LCBO, figured why not for 10 bucks off. They also had the Manhattan at that location if I recall correctly.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Panil Barriquee Sour has been reduced $4 to $11.95 across the LCBO. No mention of the reduction on shelves or online, just a new price.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Mikkeller Peter Pale & Mary coming soon to the KGBO

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Anyone here getting riled about the Sparklepuff (in)consistency? :D

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

But is it their glutten free version?
Reliable Beer Critic

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone here getting riled about the Sparklepuff (in)consistency? :D
First can was beauty. Second was floaty hell. Will not repurchase.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Blasphomet wrote:Anyone here getting riled about the Sparklepuff (in)consistency? :D
2 cans of floaties (read as "big=ass chunks") mentioned in another thread, super gross.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

northyorksammy wrote:But is it their glutten free version?
No, regular version. Gluten Free version has a purple label.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Urotsukidoji wrote:
2 cans of floaties (read as "big=ass chunks") mentioned in another thread, super gross.
you mean like this? :D a friend of mine took this picture of Sparklepuff

Last edited by JaseWescott on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Usually I don't mind, or even enjoy some sediment. This beer I thoroughly enjoyed the taste of, but was one of the worst case of flocculent matter I've ever seen in a beer. I want to buy more, but the compulsive urge to run it through a strainer or cheesecloth first kills that idea.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I bought two cans of the sparkle puff when I saw them, and I’ll say that both were pure smooth haze. They were nice and tasty, but about halfway through the second can, all I could taste was tinned peaches. Not that it’s a terrible flavour, but for me it’s not something I’m wanting in my beer. Not sure I’ll buy any more......especially with all this talk of chunky, less than stellar cans.