Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Christmas 2019

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

LCBO Christmas 2019

Post by Ukie »

Anyone have a list of what's happening?

Was in my local store yesterday and saw a bunch of gift sets already on display, didn't see anything different but I was told more are coming.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Ukie wrote:Anyone have a list of what's happening?

Was in my local store yesterday and saw a bunch of gift sets already on display, didn't see anything different but I was told more are coming.
Thanks for letting us know. The LCBO won't post any lists or put anything online until Nov 11 and the Christmas Packs don't get replenished (correct me if i'm wrong) so if you see something on the shelf right now that you want, grab it and put it away.

if you guys want to keep this thread useful post what you see on shelf. The next quarterly list will likely be Winter season.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

LCBO is now saying they will post the Christmas Gift Pack list "soon" :-?

I still don't understand what honouring our veterans has to do with Christmas Gift packs? prior to 2017 the LCBO didn't seem to have a problem posting the Christmas Gift Pack list in October.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I saw the Muskoka winter beard. Unibroue La Resolution. And I picked up a few of the Fullers Vintage, as they always go fast. There were a couple gift packs as well but can’t rmember what, except the Belhaven one from last year.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Saw a Boneshaker gifts with a skull glass as well as the 6 exclusive Belgian Ales pack that is a mainstay.

I can understand some sensitivity to not posting the list too early, but most people's interaction with the LCBO is at store level, so if you don't want the list posted you should ensure that Christmas stock is held off the floors too. Also, the posting of the list doesn't mean everything is going to turn up the next day (Fall release - I'm looking at you).

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

aye, it's usually the same things year after year..

5L Kegs from Heineken, Warsteiner, Czechvar, Bitburger, etc.
big bottles of Stella and Grolsch
Shepherds Neame Christmas Ale
Wychwood Bah Humbug Christmas Cheer Ale
Gouden Carolus Gift Pack
Beers of Scotland Pack
Belhaven pack
St. Bernardus Pack
Flying Monkey's Chocolate Manifesto
Muskoka Winterbeard
St. Peter's Winter Ale
Fullers Vintage Ale
probably Railway City pack
probably Innis & Gun pack
probably Molson Canadian pack
probably Sleeman pack
sofakingdrunk wrote:I saw the Muskoka winter beard. Unibroue La Resolution. And I picked up a few of the Fullers Vintage, as they always go fast. There were a couple gift packs as well but can’t rmember what, except the Belhaven one from last year.
Unibroue La Resolution sounds new, Thanks.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

I saw the usual as well and

Sapporo Gift Pack
Festivale Pudding Ale

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

There's an Erdinger mix pack with a glass too

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

spinrsx wrote:There's an Erdinger mix pack with a glass too
kinda new? Erdinger sent us this variety pack in 2017 I think the packs prior were smaller (Dunkel + Hefeweizen + Glass). cheers.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JaseWescott wrote:... I still don't understand what honouring our veterans has to do with Christmas Gift packs? prior to 2017 the LCBO didn't seem to have a problem posting the Christmas Gift Pack list in October.
PC. I believed they also once clamped down to get rid of packaging-intensive gift packs years ago, so they seem to cycle through a few kinds of virtue-signalling. It wouldn't surprise me if this type of waffling nonsense takes the place of actual useful work that might serve Ontario consumers, considering the sheer wealth, power and dominance the LC possesses VS the often tepid, very static retail experience.
In Beerum Veritas

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Cowbell Brewing has a 6 pack of cans (4 core beers + 2x cans of Oatmeal Black Lager).

My 2019 Fullers Vintage Ale didn't come with a little booklet but it says on the back

"For Vintage Ale 2019 we travelled 20,000 miles for inspiration, as West London meets South Island New Zealand. Wai-iti hops bring mandarin, lemon and lime to the fore, whilst Crystal Malt - grown on New Zealand Canterbury Plains - adds notes of toasted bread and honey. Looking a little closer to home. our Famous Fullers yeast gives the beer it's familiar orange marmalade backbone."

I was told more Gift Packs are on the way.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

If you go to the LCBO.com site and enter "Gift Pack" in the search bar you get a result of some of the beer, wine and liquor sets that will be available.

There is about 218 results , not perfect but will do for now.

JaseWescott

Post by JaseWescott »

Ukie wrote:If you go to the LCBO.com site and enter "Gift Pack" in the search bar you get a result of some of the beer, wine and liquor sets that will be available.

There is about 218 results , not perfect but will do for now.
nice find. Thanks! 8)

the beer in the 2019 Amsterdam Winter Flight pack