Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

That Boutique-Y Whisky Company Whisky Holiday Calendar 2019

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

portwood

Post by portwood »

getting better, as expected
day 4 (Dufftown) and 3 (Bunnahabhain) posted on www forum

on tap today: day 5 Aberlour & 6 Ardmore
@markhamwhisky

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

portwood wrote:getting better, as expected
day 4 (Dufftown) and 3 (Bunnahabhain) posted on www forum

on tap today: day 5 Aberlour & 6 Ardmore
Looks like these Calendars are gone-gone. Went from on-sale overstock to unlisted.

The Gin one is on sale for 69.95.
In Beerum Veritas

portwood

Post by portwood »

Belgian wrote: Looks like these Calendars are gone-gone. Went from on-sale overstock to unlisted.
I don't understand the logic of a) long sold out items remaining on product searches for months, or b) items on store shelves nowhere to be found BUT can confirm the holiday whisky calendar is very much still available - at least a dozen at Yonge/Hwy7 location!
@markhamwhisky

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

Still available at at least three Scarborough locations as well.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Halfway through the set,
very disappointing thus far
This type of tasting set should showcase a variety of distilleries AND flavour profiles. So far, the variety of distilleries is there but the 8 single malts are virtually indistinguishable from a smell/taste perspective. All from fairly tired ex-bourbon casks and very young/immature.

Only the Ardmore and Auchroisk have been better than average.

Hoping the second half is better but now glad I got $100 back from the original $200 I paid!
@markhamwhisky