Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coronavirus

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Coronavirus

Post by Tapsucker »

Does anybody know if a wedge of lime would make the symptoms more bearable?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

portwood

Post by portwood »

the kind of joke that turns planes around, inconveniences vacation bound travelers, and gets jokers audiences with judges
@markhamwhisky

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Well done. Just suck all the fun out of a beer joke. :sigh:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Although it must be mentioned, it would be wise for the time being never to take a swig from anyone else's bottle or glass, whether it happens to be a Corona or some kind of beer.
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Haha! This would be an interesting PR issue for Corona for sure. Although probably best not to panic, as with everyone else.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

portwood wrote:the kind of joke that turns planes around, inconveniences vacation bound travelers, and gets jokers audiences with judges
Which disease is typically comorbid with coronavirus?

Lyme disease
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

dale cannon wrote:
portwood wrote:the kind of joke that turns planes around, inconveniences vacation bound travelers, and gets jokers audiences with judges
Which disease is typically comorbid with coronavirus?
Lyme disease
Hah.

Although in fact they both can have long term or disabling health consequences. Really damaging to the body, which is no fiesta.
In Beerum Veritas

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

I am in Portugal and they have their first two suspected cases. The Canadians quarantined in Trenton are about twenty minutes from where I live. A nurse friend of mine mentioned that if any of them has a serious medical emergency quarantine may need to be broken. I’m not certain how that would work actually. Due to the very exotic nature of some of my travels, I have been inoculated against and exposed to some nasty business, none of which is fun. I had Dengue fever while living in Thailand. Horrible. I got a rare sand fly infection in Sri Lanka and a nasty parasite in either Indonesia or Cambodia. Fortunately, these episodes involved only myself. However, my travel-and the travel of others-demonstrates a fact that the interconnected world we live in allows infectious diseases to be spread anywhere in the world within a day. A century ago Ebola would burn itself out in the village it started in and Corona Virus would never have left China.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

A century ago Spanish Flu killed ~3% of the world population. You have to go a bit further back than that for diseases not to spread.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Craig wrote:A century ago Spanish Flu killed ~3% of the world population. You have to go a bit further back than that for diseases not to spread.
True. Forgot about that.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

BeerIsGood wrote:I am in Portugal and they have their first two suspected cases. The Canadians quarantined in Trenton are about twenty minutes from where I live. A nurse friend of mine mentioned that if any of them has a serious medical emergency quarantine may need to be broken. I’m not certain how that would work actually. Due to the very exotic nature of some of my travels, I have been inoculated against and exposed to some nasty business, none of which is fun. I had Dengue fever while living in Thailand. Horrible. I got a rare sand fly infection in Sri Lanka and a nasty parasite in either Indonesia or Cambodia. Fortunately, these episodes involved only myself. However, my travel-and the travel of others-demonstrates a fact that the interconnected world we live in allows infectious diseases to be spread anywhere in the world within a day. A century ago Ebola would burn itself out in the village it started in and Corona Virus would never have left China.
oooh, Dengue. Mr.. Fancy Pants Jet Setter. /s
Sorry...
BTW, with your "pedigree" are you perhaps in the Hash House Harriers?

I recall having to get my Dengue shots to get a visa to Singapore, which was approved, but someone told me to bring copies of my documentation just in case. I got to Chiang Mai with my visa and they wanted to see the medical certificate. I presented it and they disputed and debated and had to go find out if the Ontario Ministry of Health was a real thing or if I had just photo shopped it all. Despite being exhausted from (or maybe because of) my long flight, I actually started to find the whole situation funny. I basically resolved it by showing them Ontario on google maps.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.

BeerIsGood

Post by BeerIsGood »

Tapsucker wrote:
BeerIsGood wrote:I am in Portugal and they have their first two suspected cases. The Canadians quarantined in Trenton are about twenty minutes from where I live. A nurse friend of mine mentioned that if any of them has a serious medical emergency quarantine may need to be broken. I’m not certain how that would work actually. Due to the very exotic nature of some of my travels, I have been inoculated against and exposed to some nasty business, none of which is fun. I had Dengue fever while living in Thailand. Horrible. I got a rare sand fly infection in Sri Lanka and a nasty parasite in either Indonesia or Cambodia. Fortunately, these episodes involved only myself. However, my travel-and the travel of others-demonstrates a fact that the interconnected world we live in allows infectious diseases to be spread anywhere in the world within a day. A century ago Ebola would burn itself out in the village it started in and Corona Virus would never have left China.
Sorry...

I recall having to get my Dengue shots to get a visa to Singapore, which was approved, but someone told me to bring copies of my documentation just in case. I got to Chiang Mai with my visa and they wanted to see the medical certificate. I presented it and they disputed and debated and had to go find out if the Ontario Ministry of Health was a real thing or if I had just photo shopped it all. Despite being exhausted from (or maybe because of) my long flight, I actually started to find the whole situation funny. I basically resolved it by showing them Ontario on google maps.
I have no fucking idea what the Hash House Harriers are. BTW, you’re the dipshit that started this bullshit thread, so get stuffed.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

BeerIsGood wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:
Sorry...

I have no fucking idea what the Hash House Harriers are. BTW, you’re the dipshit that started this bullshit thread, so get stuffed.
Always be on the lookout for sarcasm friend, it could save you from making yourself look like a dipshit. ;)
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Doctor Who helped defeat smallpox explains what's coming.

"It's the most dangerous pandemic in our lifetime." ... a virus which none of us are immune to (by definition, a novel form of coronavirus.)

I wish more people were talking about the clear health risk facts surrounding this rather than merely speculating and arguing about trivialities.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Here is a very good new tubecast with Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying.

They've observed some ususial infectiion patterns and share a scientifically informed discussion.

https://youtu.be/ym-WGOq96G0
In Beerum Veritas