Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

red tape in New Brunswick

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Here is a good news story on Canadian Beer News about red tape being peeled off, albeit in a pilot program. This would be great in Ontario.

New Brunswick Craft Alcohol Makers Now Allowed to Sell Each Other’s Products

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Here is a good news story on Canadian Beer News about red tape being peeled off, albeit in a pilot program. This would be great in Ontario.

this in ontario would be huge

nickw

Post by nickw »

matt7215 wrote:
S. St. Jeb wrote:Here is a good news story on Canadian Beer News about red tape being peeled off, albeit in a pilot program. This would be great in Ontario.

How is it that some Ontario breweries seem to be selling other producers' wares right now (there are probably more, but I'm thinking specifically of Willibald selling Sonnen Hill, and Dominion City selling Revel, Sonnen Hill, Willibald, etc )? Is it something under the table, operating in a regulatory grey zone in these times where liquor laws don't seem to have a lot of meaning anymore?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

nickw wrote:
matt7215 wrote:

How is it that some Ontario breweries seem to be selling other producers' wares right now (there are probably more, but I'm thinking specifically of Willibald selling Sonnen Hill, and Dominion City selling Revel, Sonnen Hill, Willibald, etc )? Is it something under the table, operating in a regulatory grey zone in these times where liquor laws don't seem to have a lot of meaning anymore?
anyone with a tied house licence can sell packaged beer from their restaurant

portwood

Post by portwood »

matt7215 wrote: anyone with a tied house licence can sell packaged beer from their restaurant
correct, but notice that the breweries doing this have to include some food (same for bars/restaurants)*
i.e. a bag of chips with the beer from another brewery and you're good to go
@markhamwhisky

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

portwood wrote:
matt7215 wrote: anyone with a tied house licence can sell packaged beer from their restaurant
correct, but notice that the breweries doing this have to include some food (same for bars/restaurants)*
i.e. a bag of chips with the beer from another brewery and you're good to go
yes, the same rules apply for both restaurants and tied houses

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

The best food item I’ve seen as the requirement for purchasing take away booze is at Thirsty and Miserable. The do it yourself potato chip. One raw potato for $0.25! Love it!