Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I found a few Prarie Artisan Ales at Queen's Quay:

- Oh, Fudge!

- Bible Belt

The two bottles together cost almost $19, but these should be interesting mega-stouts
In Beerum Veritas

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Cigar City Florida Man Double IPA -Canned Dec 12 2020... begrudgingly purchased
Oskar Blues Can-O-Bliss Double IPA - Canned Oct 2020.. pass :cry:

This makes me think Oskar Blues is partially to blame for the embarrassingly stale product we get here.

ry_kinney

Post by ry_kinney »

beerstodiscover wrote:Cigar City Florida Man Double IPA -Canned Dec 12 2020... begrudgingly purchased

This makes me think Oskar Blues is partially to blame for the embarrassingly stale product we get here.
How is the Florida Man?

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

beerstodiscover wrote:Cigar City Florida Man Double IPA -Canned Dec 12 2020... begrudgingly purchased

Begrudgingly purchased a 6 week old double ipa from Florida? Personally I think that timeframe is pretty damn good.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

then buy local

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I’ve bought a couple of the cigar city ones I’m we’ve had in the past, there were definitely older than 6 weeks. I think they were still pretty good.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Begrudgingly purchased a 6 week old double ipa from Florida? Personally I think that timeframe is pretty damn good.
Considering it's an LCBO import, that's not bad. Call me spoiled but 6-weeks puts me off an IPA. Nevertheless...
ry_kinney wrote:How is the Florida Man?
Drinking it now ice cold, it's quite nice. Glad I bought it.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

beerstodiscover wrote:Oskar Blues Can-O-Bliss Double IPA - Canned...
I think I misread the can or there’s two batches. I saw cans today dated Dec 1.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

There is currently 1 bottle of Orval available online.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Craig wrote:There is currently 1 bottle of Orval available online.

But still plenty in stores.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

I happened upon St-Feuillien Saison the other day. It doesn't seem to be listed online yet but it's fresh and drinking mighty fine. I think this is my favourite saison.

Gleemer Imports

Post by Gleemer Imports »

beerstodiscover wrote:I happened upon St-Feuillien Saison the other day. It doesn't seem to be listed online yet but it's fresh and drinking mighty fine. I think this is my favourite saison.
In our opinion?
Fantome Saison's one of the best, but it's far from classic. It's weird and wonderful.
Dupont is still the best bang for buck.
Not sure if you've had it, and few know about it, but Meuse (from Scottland, Ontario) is available at 1-2 LCBOs. they have a classic saison. very nice. crisp, some cracker to it.
Visit us at http://www.gleemer.ca or follow Gleemer Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Gleemer Imports wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:I happened upon St-Feuillien Saison the other day. It doesn't seem to be listed online yet but it's fresh and drinking mighty fine. I think this is my favourite saison.
In our opinion?
Fantome Saison's one of the best, but it's far from classic. It's weird and wonderful.
Not sure if you've had it, and few know about it, but Meuse (from Scottland, Ontario) is available at 1-2 LCBOs. they have a classic saison. very nice. crisp, some cracker to it.
for a straight sacc saison the meuse one is as good as it gets, I used to love dupont but lately im been getting umami from it that has really turned me off

the meuse is just so clean and chuggable

for mixed ferm I agree with Fantome being the best, the best bottles of that beer are some of my fav bottles Ive ever had of anything

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

matt7215 wrote:
Gleemer Imports wrote:
In our opinion?
for a straight sacc saison the meuse one is as good as it gets, I used to love dupont but lately im been getting umami from it that has really turned me off

the meuse is just so clean and chuggable

for mixed ferm I agree with Fantome being the best, the best bottles of that beer are some of my fav bottles Ive ever had of anything
I totally agree, the Meuse is really excellent. Shacklands saison is quite good as well, just maybe a touch sweet for me.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

De La Meuse Saison is an Ontario gem. $2.75 / 330ml is just an insane price.

I really questioned why I bought a La Moneuse today for $6.95 / 375 ml but it will be fun to try. I could just stock up on the Meuse and some DuPont. Edit: La Moneuse is sort of interesting, nice sweet-tart-dry balance with some caramel, acetic, and earth and lemon. Phenolic spice and pear. Verdict undecided as yet.

And Fantome all day, great call.
In Beerum Veritas