Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

LCBO website is showing the closest location with LTM Baltique is in Ottawa- anyone know if this one just sold through quickly, or just slow to distribute? Hopefully the latter since I was meaning to go look for some.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

seangm wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:38 am LCBO website is showing the closest location with LTM Baltique is in Ottawa- anyone know if this one just sold through quickly, or just slow to distribute? Hopefully the latter since I was meaning to go look for some.
Max I've seen was four stores: Ottawa, Peterbourgh, Toronto, and Mississauga. But its the LCBO, so who knows!?
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I hope this means we will start seeing more LTM products in Ontario again. It's been ages since I have seen them here.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

seangm wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:38 am LCBO website is showing the closest location with LTM Baltique is in Ottawa- anyone know if this one just sold through quickly, or just slow to distribute? Hopefully the latter since I was meaning to go look for some.

I was in an LCBO in Guelph today and there was a good number. I grabbed a couple

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Noticed a new listing for Guinness Extra Stout, says it's brewed in Ireland:

https://www.lcbo.com/en/guinness-extra-stout-30575

TBS has long carried Guinness Extra, but it's the Canadian brewed version that never tasted as good to me. Curious to see if this is just a packaging redesign, or if we're getting the actual Ireland brewed version. What I really want is the proper Foreign Export Stout though.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

seangm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 am Noticed a new listing for Guinness Extra Stout, says it's brewed in Ireland:

TBS has long carried Guinness Extra, but it's the Canadian brewed version that never tasted as good to me. Curious to see if this is just a packaging redesign, or if we're getting the actual Ireland brewed version. What I really want is the proper Foreign Export Stout though.
I didn't think Guinness was still made domestically, but this LCBO listing says it's from Ontario. Looks like the one you found is the real stuff.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:19 pm
seangm wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 am Noticed a new listing for Guinness Extra Stout, says it's brewed in Ireland:

I didn't think Guinness was still made domestically, but this LCBO listing says it's from Ontario. Looks like the one you found is the real stuff.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

OMG, another double post. What the heck. I'm at work right now....and I am NOT drinking. :D

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:21 pm OMG, another double post. What the heck. I'm at work right now....and I am NOT drinking. :D
Sureeee... haha

That one you linked looks like the bottle I occasionally get from TBS after returning empties and I do recall it still says 'brewed in Canada' on the bottle. Based on the LCBO listings, looks like we're getting the "real deal" after all. Might have to do a side-by-side if I can find both.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

The Ireland brewed extra stout as well as the coffee nitro stout are in stock. Presumably some kind of St. Patrick's Day promotion.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Vermontoise (375 mL) and 375 mL Jart-Elle (Lambiek Fabriek, Kriek) coming to LCBO soon.

$7.75 and $11.25, respectively.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

GtownRandy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:50 pm The St Andre is only $2.00 for a tall boy???!!!F5BF7326-D21A-44B6-BB26-629D9425F1AE.jpeg
Finally saw a couple of cans and grabbed some. It’s really delicious and a welcome change in style to most of what’s out there right now. Also an absolutely beautiful looking pint.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

I grabbed some as well. Certainly an amazing value for two bucks, no doubt. A little sweet for my tastes for session drinking, but for the price I'll probably be keeping it on hand.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Founders Porter coming soon. $3.30 for 355ml bottle. Rated 100 on RateBeer.com

https://www.lcbo.com/en/founders-porter-21058