Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Kingston Brewing Company

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Kingston Brewing Company

Post by Masterplan »

I can't believe KBC doesn't already have a thread, besides being the best beer bar in Kingston, and producing some pretty good beer themselves, they have now taken over the building next door and are opening a new bottle shop. The shop is open for merchandise but still waiting on paperwork for the beer.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:57 pm I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
I remember Dragon's Breath....but it was more like 30 years ago. :(
Can't say I remember the beer much, but it's still one of my all-time favourite beer names.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

MatttthewGeorge wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:57 pm I was there once about 12 years ago or so and had the Dragon's Breath Pale Ale. Tasted like a malt extract beer tbh.
New owners since 2017, have moved the needle in a positive way.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Do they still have the high roller special?

They've completely changed their beer from the bad old days. Give them a try if you see them somewhere!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Craig wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:36 am Do they still have the high roller special?

They've completely changed their beer from the bad old days. Give them a try if you see them somewhere!
If they do, it's no longer on the menu.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Good to know, thanks!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I've been going to KBC for a solid 20+ years now. While I avoid the house beers, the extensive guest tap lineup is really good these days- one of the better ones you will find in Eastern Ontario I would argue. I absolutely love the pub atmosphere there and the food has always been solid pub fare and decent value as well. I didn't know they were taking over the place building next door, thanks for sharing that @Masterplan ! I have not been in about 6 months so I am due a visit. Cheers.