Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Any new beers at Rogers Centre this year?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Any new beers at Rogers Centre this year?

Post by El Pinguino »

Last year there was Jelly King, Jutsu, Boneshaker, Rush Golden Ale, Blood Brothers White Lies...
I've been seeing ads for some Double Hopped Bud Lime...so I guess that will be new, lol.

Last year when I went I found the best place to grab beers was the self serve / grab and go credit card spot as they had big fridge coolers with pretty much everything in them.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I haven't been to, a'hem, the SkyDome in probably a few years now. Very much looking forward to seeing a good beer selection. Do I need to up the limit on my credit card first? :D

distr0

Post by distr0 »

LOL, I also had to stop and think for a minute to remember what the 'Rogers Centre' is. That building will never not be the Skydome.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I can't answer your question but I would like to go and check out that "outfield district" at some point this season.

Ironically my first game this year will be the Guardians in a couple of weeks when I'm there for A Quick Beer recording. They also have an outfield district (40 beers on tap!) and the ticket ($15) includes your first beer. Neither of those things I expect at the Rogers Centre/Skydome!

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Great place to get some GLB.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

S. St. Jeb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:12 pm I haven't been to, a'hem, the SkyDome in probably a few years now. Very much looking forward to seeing a good beer selection. Do I need to up the limit on my credit card first? :D
distr0 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:27 pm LOL, I also had to stop and think for a minute to remember what the 'Rogers Centre' is. That building will never not be the Skydome.
Ha! Same...I call it SkyDome myself.
But I was trying to appeal to the younger crowd, some of whom are now old enough to drink, and were never alive when it was called SkyDome.
How is that for feeling old?

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

El Pinguino wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am
Ha! Same...I call it SkyDome myself.
But I was trying to appeal to the younger crowd, some of whom are now old enough to drink, and were never alive when it was called SkyDome.
How is that for feeling old?
Thanks. You made my day. :roll:

:D

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

From user drrdf, via Reddit.

Craft:

Henderson Golden Ale and Bellwoods Jelly King.

Pseudo-Craft:

Mill Street Organic and IPA

All priced at $14. Personally, I'd bring my own non-alcoholic drink and get something better after the game.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Funny how the pricing there is so divorced from the real world pricing of those beers. Henderson golden Ale (assuming that's the Rush beer) is $3.40, Jelly King is $6.50. They clearly just price everything at what they think the highest amount they can get away with is.

I'd totally get a Jelly King though, so...

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

Craig wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am Funny how the pricing there is so divorced from the real world pricing of those beers. Henderson golden Ale (assuming that's the Rush beer) is $3.40, Jelly King is $6.50. They clearly just price everything at what they think the highest amount they can get away with is.

I'd totally get a Jelly King though, so...
If I had to buy one, I'd also get a Jelly King. That Henderson is the Rush beer.

It's unfortunate that the ACC had beer a few years ago for $19.

I know it's the thing to do to say current present location has the best fans in the world, but I can't see this even being partially believable when a family has to be pretty financially secure to see a game at so many stadiums.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

What I didn't say up above is that I'm actually going to the game tomorrow. Was given some tickets unexpectedly.

I Googled "beer at the Roger's Centre" and found a link to the MLB website.

https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/ballpark/beer-wine-liquor

I'm a bit disappointed. Almost everything is available on Levels 100 and 200, but my tickets are in the 500 level where the selection seems to be less.

Maybe I can get something on the way up.

Of course, I suppose I could give Bud Light Double Lime a try. Or not.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

anthony9 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 am From user drrdf, via Reddit.

Craft:

Henderson Golden Ale and Bellwoods Jelly King.

Pseudo-Craft:

Mill Street Organic and IPA

All priced at $14. Personally, I'd bring my own non-alcoholic drink and get something better after the game.
Funny you mention about bringing in your own NA beer. I did that once last year. As it was a can, I expected them to question what it was and force me to open it right away upon entrance, but they didn't even see it in my bag, lol.

A couple of years ago they had the craft beer corner with beers from Archibald, Banded Peak, Stanley Park and some locals like Muskoka Detour. I guess I was hoping the new Reno's would open things up more to a wider variety of beers this year but it sounds like the same as last year, or perhaps even less.

Maybe when they open those new "premium" areas they'll have "premium" craft beer available for the rich folks only.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I actually was thinking of bringing in water, but a non-alcoholic beer is an even better idea.

I can't say if these are the only ones available. Perhaps if sales are good they will improve selection. I did remember last year seemed better. I guess they took the same approach as roster construction.

Tangential, but there was this post on how buying tickets direct was more expensive than it should be. I, personally, buy all my tickets from online scalpers. I envy people that live close to Skydome as they can buy tickets last minute for cheap. For today's game, my scalper is half the price of the official site.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I had Oast House Country Ale which was available not too far away from my seats. For a public venue like this, I was quite happy with that.