Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Divide Private Order pricing!!!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

It's just not the same in writing! But good one Jer :)

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Hamilton Brian wrote:I'd like a case each of the:
Old Ruffian Barley Wine
- Yeti Imperial Stout
- Titan IPA

Man that's big bucks!
Seeing the quest for porter, put me down for a case of that, too.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

sign me up for the following:

1 case of the Titan IPA
1 case of the Herculese Double IPA

Hops, hops and more hops!

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

Beer Geek wrote:Hops, hops and more hops!
Here, here!

Sign me up for one Hercules and one Titan.

Man, this order is getting big! We're going to be proving quite the point to the pencil-necks at the LCBO.
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

From past experience...it's one thing for everyone to "place" an order in this thread. It'll be another thing entirely to see even 70% submit the paperwork for the quantities stated and then maybe 70% of them will pony up the deposit. Expect our order to be about half of the total spoken for here. I'm not trying to be a cynic...just a realist.

Zithal

Post by Zithal »

Man, I'm glad I checked the boards today. Looks like I'll have to forgo my trip to Premier next month. :)

Please put me down for..

1 Hercules Double IPA
1 Oak Aged Yeti

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Seeing the quest for porter, put me down for a case of that, too.
Way to go Brian!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

My order will be:

1 case Oak Aged Yeti
1 case Titan IPA
1 case Porter

PierreBiere

Post by PierreBiere »

Put me down for a case of the Titan IPA.
Cheers!

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

A wee late, but faxing order shortly...

1 case of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Whew.......just for the record:

1 Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and
1 Titan

Cheers......will fax order through tomorrow.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Steve Spong wrote:
Beer Geek wrote:Hops, hops and more hops!
We're going to be proving quite the point to the... LCBO.
Could be more beer than the whole stock of Goudenband they're importing so yeah, maybe it'll blip on the radar.

As far as proving a point, well, who knows what that would be. I'll be happy just to get the beer!

However the GD brewery WILL be a tad surprised to see an 80-case order from one little Toronto website. Other brewers might hear about it & become less skeptical about future orders. It is a tiny revolution. Hey, we are many of us ordering a few large cases of a beer at a premium, even risking a little money that we'll like it (duh, it's beer so it'll probably be great) but also in the process a wall is being taken down & right there we have a small revolution we're part of.
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Belgian, ever the cynic that I am, your GD order won't even be close to the size of the Goudenband or any other seasonal order and the people in Beers & Special Markets don't even look at Private Order/Consignment sales unless someone puts them in a headlock and forces the numbers under their noses...and that just doesn't happen. They're looking at reports showing a million cases of Corona, Guiness, Heineken, Stella....do you really think they go to page 486 to see what sold 80 cases?
It's great that you guys are getting together and trying to fulfill your needs with these Private Orders and I'm not trying to put anyone down but don't get carried away with whatever influence you think you might have....a group of Kazakhstani's wanting their lager in this market hold much more sway than you guys.
I love bartowel and I love the discourse that takes place but I'm a bit jaded and some of the pie-in-the-sky comments made here have to be challenged cause some of you are living in a dreamworld.
I have spoken at length to GD in the past week. When given the goods on the Ontario market and what it takes to do business here and what their prospects might be, their answer was "thanks, but no thanks". That's the reality and you can buy 500 cases through Private Order but we'll not see the product on the shelves anytime soon.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

That's the reality and you can buy 500 cases through Private Order but we'll not see the product on the shelves anytime soon.
As long as I see the product in my fridge, I really don't care if I see it on the shelves. Private Orders it is.

Peter, when Great Divide said thanks, but no thanks (and I really don't blame them), did they give any indication if they would continue to amuse us and still fulfill/consider Private orders? Just curious.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Pre-sold private orders aren't the same thing as LCBO distribution, are they, I mean it looks like a simple one-off with less complications of testing and shelf space, etc.

Well, let's get in a few successful orders with willing beer producers & then others can follow suit if they want to. What else can you do, Quincy Magoo?

We could set up quite the little trading network... freedom, baby!
In Beerum Veritas