Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A Can too small

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lagerale

A Can too small

Post by lagerale »

Is it me or just a lack of forward thinking when it comes to the size of some of the new local beer cans (Creemore, Robert Simpson, etc.) available at the LCBO containing 473ml? While this does equate to 1 pint (not a uk pint though) or 16 ounces, we live in Canada. We have a great metric system. Go for the easy to add 500ml can! Can't you fit an extra 27ml in there? And yes, I did send an email to the brewers, I just felt like ranting here.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I've never heard someone tell a brewer their "cans are too small."

Occupational hazard?
In Beerum Veritas

clasher

Post by clasher »

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by the odd can sizes. Cheers to Hockley for using the .5L can. Maybe the yankee pint cans are cheaper?

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

The 16 oz pint cans are produced in North America. The 1/2 Litre cans in England and the shipping and delivery conditions blow.
Hockley is small enough that I don't think it has affected their supply but I heard it can be touch and go waiting for shipping containers of air from Europe,

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

16 ounces cans from North or United States of...America. When will Canadians make there own mark. Of course, I'm also waiting for a someone to invent a Canadian Pale Ale....

Go Canada Go.