Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What are you drinking these [warmer] days?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Most of the German wheat beers are now at the beer store as well, so you can always check there (for some odd reason, they even carry Fruli :roll: ).

I've recently taken to the Fuller's London Pride, Black Sheep Ale and Old Speckled Hen but will try the new Brick offerings soon.

flip

Post by flip »

I picked up a case of Hacker-Pschorr at The Local Beer Monopoly a couple of weekends ago. It has been a friendly companion over the past couple of days. I've also been frequenting the DFH60 and Griffon Extra Pale Ale.

I think next up will be the Brickman Pilsner and Amber after reading so much good good BarTowel press about it.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Uncle Bobby wrote:
pootz wrote: Kudos to Brickman for giving us a local session pilsner and Amber lager
Kudos to Black Oak for another release of summer saison
Kudos to Beau's for giving us a local version of Kolsch
Where are these beers available?

Thanks in advance,

Uncle Bobby
Brickman craft lagers are in the beer stores and soon the LCBO

Black Oak hasn't released the Saison yet.....July???

Beau's tractor lug Kolsch will be released in about a month and will appear breifly in better GTA pubs....Bottled product will initially be in Ottawa area LCBOs
Aventinus rules!

jmcnally

Post by jmcnally »

Even the TTC mess on Monday couldn't stop me from stopping by Volo for some $4 pints. In fact, after walking from Bloor and Bathurst, I was extra thirsty. I enjoyed a frosty pint of Denison's Dunkel and then an excellent Tankhouse Ale.

After that, I had to flag down a cab since the subways were still not running (at 7:30!). The cab's transmission blew up on the trip home, but it was ok since the air conditioning was working perfectly. Cruising up Mount Pleasant at about 10mph was just fine.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Wellington SPA
Mill Street Tankhouse
Stone Smoked Porter
Steam Whistle
Dogfish Head 90 Minute

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Fuller's ESB, bottled version now available through SAQ stores.

Finished my 24 of Dogfish Head 60 minutes, so I'm starting my Victory Hop Wallop case, and find it better then the 60.

I havent found myself a hefeweizen for 2006, tired of the hacker, schneider, looking forward to the Milady Kristalweizen if I can find it fresh.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

iguenard wrote: Finished my 24 of Dogfish Head 60 minutes, so I'm starting my Victory Hop Wallop case, and find it better then the 60.
Oh yes, I agree! Need a room-mate? Happy to babysit for your beer if you ever need to go out anywhere.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

iguenard wrote:I havent found myself a hefeweizen for 2006, tired of the hacker, schneider, looking forward to the Milady Kristalweizen if I can find it fresh.
The Paulaner Hefeweizen I tried from a random BS today is perfect.

Dated 03/07. I could be onto a favorite here.
In Beerum Veritas

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Warmer days (spring-autumn) my beer of choice is Orval.
I'm also really enjoying the Weltenburger Kloster Asam Bock from the LCBO Spring release. The Dogfish Head 60 got all the attention but the Asam Bock was a very welcome Spring addition as well IMHO.

Raisy

Post by Raisy »

Great Lakes Holy Moses
J.R. Brickman Pilsner
Steamwhistle

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

StevenThrasher wrote:...but the Asam Bock was a very welcome Spring addition as well IMHO.
Doppelbock is sheer liquid pleasure.
In Beerum Veritas

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

GregClow wrote:There is plenty of Schnieder Weisse on LCBO shelves, at least according to their website inventory. Maybe the stock has dried up at pootz's local outlet, but there is no evidence that the LCBO will be delisting it any time soon.
And my heart starts beating again!

Just the same, I think I'll stock up next time I have access to it. There's 1 bottle listed for St. Catharines at the moment, which does concern me a little. Any idea who the agent is that handles Schneider?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I wouldnt bother stocking up on german hefe's.

The things dont stay fresh or tasty very long. Buy them fresh instead, that what I'd say. 03/07 is pretty darn nice...

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Great Lakes Holy Moses
Whazzat?

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

midlife crisis wrote:
Great Lakes Holy Moses
Whazzat?
A Witbier from Ohio's Great Lakes brewery.