Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Does anyone know where to get a good cigar...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Does anyone know where to get a good cigar...

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

In southern Ontario? Preferably in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Stratford area?

carney_83

Post by carney_83 »

I found a great place downtown toronto. if that is out of your way, you can order from them. here's the web site with all the info
http://www.thomashinds.ca/

great selection, and VERY knowledgeable staff

if you are ever in Toronto and get a chance to check it out, it's well worth it

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

If you are really hurting for a cigar, check out, believe it not, Holey Smokes at most loblaws locations. They have a humid room with about 100 different cigars, lots of cubans too. Prices range from $.99 to about $50.00.

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

BeerMonger

Post by BeerMonger »

I second the Loblaws locations...usually good turnover...fresh and well maintained.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Cool, thanks guys.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

In Waterloo check out the Quick Trip Variety store on Erb st near Fischer-Hallman, they have a walk-in humidor called the Lion's Den with great selection and well taken care of.

Downtown Kitchener there is the Walper, which is also good.

clasher

Post by clasher »

The Walper Tobacco shop on the corner of King and Queen in downtown Kitchener is your best bet IMHO. The chap that was there was helpful to me as a cigar neophyte.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

clasher wrote:The Walper Tobacco shop on the corner of King and Queen in downtown Kitchener is your best bet IMHO. The chap that was there was helpful to me as a cigar neophyte.
Ditto. The Walper house tobacco store has the best selection in the area and they are in top condition kept in a really decent humidor room. They still did not have my favorite Dutch cigars but they have Monte Cristos and the major Cuban and Honduras brands....also he keeps a stock of reasonably priced good tasting off brands.
Aventinus rules!