Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

James

Post by James »

1 case of Doggie Claws for me.

Thanks Flip.

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Lubiere wrote:Flip, I'll be ordering 1 Fred et 1 Adam (check your email)

Note I checked with LCBO and only ON residents can order on private orders. I live in Ottawa so I'm OK.

Actually, make that 2 cases of Fred

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I'm in for a case of Doggie Claws.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

PierreBiere

Post by PierreBiere »

Put me down for a case of the Adam.
Thanks.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I'll order a case of Ruth, and I'm considering a case of Adam, as well.

Looks like we're north of 40 cases at this point.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

hops are your friend wrote:Note - I'm heading out of town tomorrow am but I'll be back Monday am to finalize my order.
Just following up to confirm that I'd like one case of Doggie Claws.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I'd also like to add that if someone had a 1/4 or 1/2 case of Adam i'd like that as well, but can't find anyone i know to split with, so if you are on the fence or only want part of a case let me know.

Thanks
-------

todd

Post by todd »

Count me in for 1 case of Doggie Claws.
Todd

flip

Post by flip »

And last but not least... 1 case of Fred.

I'll be tallying up the numbers in a couple of hours but it's fair to say we have the minimum covered if everyone follows through.

flip

Post by flip »

Ok: I've done an initial tally and here's how things are breaking down thus far:

ADAM: 12 cases
FRED: 12 cases
ROSE: 5 cases
RUTH: 6 cases
DOGGIE CLAWS: 14 cases

Grand Total: 49 cases!! That's comfortably above 30, and I didn't count the "maybe/considering" orders.

Over the next day please update your orders if you wish to ammend it. It'll aid me in my bean counting. My guess is that a lot of people are considering splitting cases. If you haven't made arrangements to do so, make it happen: this is a great opportunity and who knows how long it'll be before we make another order from here!

For the final step please send in your order forms (found here) and deposits to LCBO private ordering by Friday September 29th. Please remember to:
- Fill out all three forms!
- Email me at hairofthedogorder at gmail dot com with your name, phone number, and quantities so that I can compile a list to forward to Sylvia. (Thanks to those who have emailed already.) It's to help Sylvia know what orders to expect in the mail and to track down missing orders.
- Crack open a cold one in anticipation of the order (this step is not optional ;))

I emailed Sylvia earlier today and told her that we should be above the mimimum case number requirements so she can expect the orders to start coming in. I asked her to finalize the order on Friday, October 13th. Don't be late!

emjay

Post by emjay »

Alright... I know I'm going to sound pretty stupid right now but what's the best way to get the forms to Sylvia? I'm also not too clear on which fields to fill out on the order form.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

emjay wrote:Alright... I know I'm going to sound pretty stupid right now but what's the best way to get the forms to Sylvia? I'm also not too clear on which fields to fill out on the order form.
Quickest way would be to fax 'em in; I assume the number is still 416-365-5934. You could also mail things in to Sylvia, and I'm sure the address is in one of the two main Great Divide threads.

As for the form:

Section 2: name & address (and if you've been given a customer number by the LCBO PO Dept. before, enter it in the appropriate box)

Section 5: number of cases ordered where applicable, plus quote for each case as per page one of this thread

Section 6: amount of deposit enclosed (skipped it for the GD order, so no biggee)

Section 7: if paying by credit card, you should put yr info here

Don't forget to fill out and include the lab waiver form with your order.

emjay

Post by emjay »

alright... if i fax the form in though, how can i pay with cash?

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

skaghevn wrote:
emjay wrote:Alright... I know I'm going to sound pretty stupid right now but what's the best way to get the forms to Sylvia? I'm also not too clear on which fields to fill out on the order form.
Quickest way would be to fax 'em in; I assume the number is still 416-365-5934. You could also mail things in to Sylvia, and I'm sure the address is in one of the two main Great Divide threads.

As for the form:

Section 2: name & address (and if you've been given a customer number by the LCBO PO Dept. before, enter it in the appropriate box)

Section 5: number of cases ordered where applicable, plus quote for each case as per page one of this thread

Section 6: amount of deposit enclosed (skipped it for the GD order, so no biggee)

Section 7: if paying by credit card, you should put yr info here

Don't forget to fill out and include the lab waiver form with your order.
Here is Sylvia's contact info from the GD thread, i assume it is still correct.
Sylvia Ramirez
Quotation Clerk, Specialty Services (Private Ordering)
LCBO
33 Freeland Street
Toronto, ON
M5E 1L7

You can also fax the form to her at 416-365-5934.
-------

flip

Post by flip »

emjay wrote:alright... if i fax the form in though, how can i pay with cash?
The email from Sylvia indicated that for the deposits "Acceptable methods of payment are American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Certified cheques." The deposit will have to be provided that way.

I assume that once the beer comes in you can pay the balance however you'd like to.