Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brooklyn Brewery

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Brooklyn Brewery

Post by Belgian »

Anyone know if Brooklyn will do aggregate private orders, now that they are doing business with the LC?

The beers do look quite good.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Fine Beers Agency are acting as middlemen between Brooklyn and the LCBO, so all private orders would have to be arranged through them.

If enough people are interested in ordering stuff, Fred at Fine Beers might be convinced to set something up.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

There would be interest for the Brooklyn Weisse in Ottawa ;)

Problem is it's a seasonnal.

flip

Post by flip »

I could be counted on for a couple cases...

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I'm good for a case of the Brooklyn Oktoberfest .
Aventinus rules!

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

id be in for a few cases for sure. love the chocolate stout.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

FWIW, min. order is 60 cases.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

skaghevn wrote:FWIW, min. order is 60 cases.
Says who?

If Fine Beers is willing to let folks piggy-back onto an order that they are doing for the LCBO and/or their bars & restaurant customers, I don't see why we'd have to come up with a 60 case order from Bar Towellers alone.

Not saying that Fine Beers would definitely go for that. But if so, the 60 case minimum doesn't make much sense.

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

I'd be in for a case of the chocolate stout.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

GregClow wrote:
Says who?
The LCBO, when I asked them recently about obtaining a private order from Brooklyn.
If Fine Beers is willing to let folks piggy-back onto an order that they are doing for the LCBO and/or their bars & restaurant customers, I don't see why we'd have to come up with a 60 case order from Bar Towellers alone..
True enough; never did ask Fine Beers if that would be ok with them.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

skaghevn wrote:
GregClow wrote:
Says who?
The LCBO, when I asked them recently about obtaining a private order from Brooklyn.
That must've been before Fine Beers became their agent in Ontario. If you were to contact the LCBO now to ask about doing a private order, they would (or at least should) tell you that you would need to arrange it through Fine Beers.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

GregClow wrote: That must've been before Fine Beers became their agent in Ontario. If you were to contact the LCBO now to ask about doing a private order, they would (or at least should) tell you that you would need to arrange it through Fine Beers.
Uhm, nope; within the last 2 months, and Fine Beers was already the Ontario agent.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

skaghevn wrote:
GregClow wrote: That must've been before Fine Beers became their agent in Ontario. If you were to contact the LCBO now to ask about doing a private order, they would (or at least should) tell you that you would need to arrange it through Fine Beers.
Uhm, nope; within the last 2 months, and Fine Beers was already the Ontario agent.
Huh. Interesting.

In that case, someone at the LCBO wasn't doing their job properly. [insert obvious joke here...]

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

GregClow wrote:
skaghevn wrote:
Huh. Interesting.

In that case, someone at the LCBO wasn't doing their job properly. [insert obvious joke here...]
That's not unusual. I've placed requests for beers from breweries with agent representation: one was redirected to the appropriate agent, the other got a response directly from the brewery (both dead-ends, in case anyone is wondering).

The sad fact is that we'd probably be more likely to put together an order if Brooklyn wasn't represented by an agent, because taking orders from mere mortals like us doesn't seem to be a high priority for most of them.

sweetback

Post by sweetback »

Im down for a case or two