Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fullers Vintage 2006

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

Post by Manul »

Just opened a 2004. Seems to be relatively well balanced. In fact I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe aging does help.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Manul wrote:Just opened a 2004. Seems to be relatively well balanced. In fact I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe aging does help.
These beers are designed to be aged. Like wines some are ready to drink now others don't reach their peak until years after bottling. Too many people seem to think it should blow their socks off without any cellaring. :roll:

Like you Manul I have several different years of the stuff and it does age VERY well.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

pootz wrote:
Belgian wrote:If alcohol tastes overpowering, cooling a beverage down may help.
It was chilled to about 45deg.F...it is just a young ale that needs some time.
Ahh okay... well I didn't find it too harsh really - just a different palate talking here. Speaking of my palate, it seems to change year to year as well (Belhaven Wee Heavy, Okocim Porter I like far better than last time round.)
In Beerum Veritas

Radek

Post by Radek »

No, it seems that Okocim Porter changed , its less sweet , back in past was almost borderline cloying , this edition is best so far.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Belgian wrote:
Ahh okay... well I didn't find it too harsh really - just a different palate talking here. Speaking of my palate, it seems to change year to year as well (Belhaven Wee Heavy, Okocim Porter I like far better than last time round.)
Alcohol burn is alcohol burn you must have a palate that is tuned to Martinis :wink:

Fuller's Vintage changes every year...each year it is a slightly different formilation and taste ( see the card they supply for tasting notes on past vintages)..this year by comparison with previous year's does not hide its alcohol all that well. I have 3 previopus years cellared to compare it with but that would be moot as they have had cellar time and this ale is young.

If you like it now wen it's young you'll love it in a year or 2 :wink:
Aventinus rules!