Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brooklyn Brewery

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

This whole thread seems to be largely speculation. Why doesn't one of you contact Fine Beers and ask about a private order? I'm pretty sure they'd have the answer.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Jon Walker wrote:This whole thread seems to be largely speculation. Why doesn't one of you contact Fine Beers and ask about a private order? I'm pretty sure they'd have the answer.
I was planning on doing exactly that. I just wanted to see how many people would potentially be interested so I wouldn't be wasting Fred's time.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

GregClow wrote: I was planning on doing exactly that. I just wanted to see how many people would potentially be interested so I wouldn't be wasting Fred's time.
Absolutely, gauge the interest but a clear answer whether a smaller piggy-back order is possible and worth their time will help some of the fence sitters here decide if they want to participate.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

OK, I wrote to Fred at Fine Beers asking about doing private orders, and whether he would prefer that people contact him directly or if we should do a group order. I also asked what beers were available and the cost per case. Here is his response:

"I suggest we pool all the orders in one Bar Towel order since the Brewery will accept at least one pallet orders meaning 60 cases with various beers. I suggest you accumulate the orders and pass it on to me or directly to the LCBO as Private Ordering."

So it looks like we'll need a minimum of 60 cases as suggested by skaghevn's earlier post. I doubt that will be a problem given the number of cases in the DFH and HOTD orders.

Unfortunately, Fred neglected to answer the question about what beers are available and the cost, and he is now out of town, but he is due back next Tuesday. I'll send a follow-up email once he's back to confirm the rest of the info, and then we can try and get an order together.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Sounds very promising. I will be in for at least one case!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Depending on cost I could be interested in a case of the East India Pale Ale.

Manul

Post by Manul »

India Pale Ale and Black Chocolate Stout for me too (1 case each).

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

In Beerum Veritas

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

I'd definately be in for at least one case, probably two depending on cost.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I posted this to another thread a couple of days ago, but I figured I should mention it here as well:

In case anyone is wondering - I exchanged some emails with Fred earlier this week, and we established that it would be easiest for everyone if any mass Brooklyn order be handled through the LCBO directly similar to the Great Divide and HOTD orders. I'll get in touch with Sylvia this coming week to kick off the process, and will post to the Private Ordering folder once it's time to start compiling the order.

runes

Post by runes »

maybe silly question, how much does a case cost, and where would i get it from? (would they ship all 60 to one location? etc..)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

runes wrote:maybe silly question, how much does a case cost, and where would i get it from? (would they ship all 60 to one location? etc..)
Cost of a case has yet to be confirmed, but the estimate from the import agent is "around $50".

If you live in Toronto, you will have to pick up any orders from the LCBO warehouse behind the Cooper St. & Queen's Quay location. If you live out of town, they will ship to your closest LCBO location, but it generally takes a couple of extra weeks to reach you there.

sweetback

Post by sweetback »

just wondering, do we have to order a full case of one type of beer or can we mix and match to make a full case?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

sweetback wrote:just wondering, do we have to order a full case of one type of beer or can we mix and match to make a full case?
Only full cases can be ordered via the LCBO. If you want to mix & match, you'll have to find other people willing to do the same thing, and then trade your bottles once it arrives.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

As usual, I'd happily go splitsies with any other enterprising beer-vestors on the board. You know I'm good for it!