Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dangerous Dans Diner

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tar Bowel

Post by Tar Bowel »

12am-12midnight
714 Queen St East
416 463 7310

Super micro friendly over the top greasy diner that pulls out all the stops.

Had a Churchkey on Tap (Also have Sleeman and Neustadt, talked to James and Robinsons are tenative).
Also in bottles various Brick, Sleeman, Neustadt,Churchkey and other micro beers.

Okay, so beside the fact that the chairs are car seats, the staff being wicked killer, what lies beneath all this diner gold is Insano Food.

The Coronary Burger
(named after james Dad who died of a coronary)

2 8oz patties, 4slices of bacon,2 slices of cheddar and if that is not enough.... a goddamn fried egg on top! Yowza!

I had the Greek burger with feta tomato, onion and taziki sauce (Super yum).

Everything from ribs to 16oz steaks to porkchops pies and awesome shakes.
They also deliver till midnight. Go in for a true Toronto diner original. The fact they support micros, that there is no domestics? Makes it even cooler.

Go hungry and ready for some nice beers. (maybe a doctors check up before)

Maudite

Post by Maudite »

Dangerous Dan's is by far the largest burger I have ever eaten in my life. I recently visited James and he is taking on some beers of Unibroue. They will feed and drink ya for real cheap. Enjoy! Heart attacks not included or they could be. Cheers!

tipsy mcstagger

Post by tipsy mcstagger »

I don't live too far from there...plan to make a trip now that I know what brews they spill out...thanks for the tip.

j@beaus

Post by j@beaus »

I must agree the Coronary Burger is insane. We had a casual staff meeting there last week and we all tried one. I was so full it took me a day before I could eat again.

This is a must try burger, definitely one of the best in the city.

Shameless plug, Cameron's is now available by the bottle at Dan's.