Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Thomas Hardy's Ale Now In Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Forgot to mention payment...it is to the LCBO. All details are in the emails.
R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

SILENUS

Post by SILENUS »

Did the LCBO require any relabelling of the botttles once they were tested for alcohol content?

Roland + Russell

The THA was tested last December so those results still stand valid for a year. We had the brewery re-label according to those results . So the THA is labelled at 13.2%
R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Does the LCBO have a label for "Exra Super-Duper Strong Beer" I wonder.

Those litle while labels are so silly aren't they.
Last edited by Belgian on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

BeerMonger

Post by BeerMonger »

Those little white labels were visual proof of an excuse to charge us more money...we can't control ourselves ya know... :roll:

Roland + Russell

For those who would like to try the Thomas Hardy's Ale, but did not have a chance to order for this round, you will be pleased to know that a number of establishments are in the process of picking up their orders. Please visit the following places soon to try this renowned brew:

Bar Volo
Smokeless Joe
Academy of Spherical Arts
Vineyards Wine Bar & Bistro (Ottawa)
Marienbad & Chaucer's (London)

Ber Bistro (has had THA and other O'Hanlon's beers since December)

Some of the above establishments also have other O'Hanlon's beers. If there is a particular beer you would like to try let us know and we will point you in the right direction.
Cheers!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

Wonders never cease. My case is already here in Kingston!

Roland + Russell

Hello to all!

We are pleased to announce that the second round of O'Hanlon's orders was just released by the LCBO. Those that ordered will be receiving emails from us later today with details about pick up and balance owing.

The shipment for restaurants is expected to be released in the next day or so. We will post a list of establishments that will be carrying this fantastic line of beers later this week.

For all interested parties we will be preparing another order for O'Hanlon's brewery with a deadline of June 1.

We hope you can all enjoy your beer this weekend!
Best regards to all on the forum!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

Did anyone else in Ottawa order a case of Thomas Hardy? I received my email from R+R on April 13 saying it was in Toronto. I called the LCBO, paid the remainder, and asked them to send it up to Ottawa (store #243). I just remembered today that I hadn't heard anything, so I called my LCBO (no sign of my order) and the private order number in Toronto (I left a voice mail).

Anyone else in Ottawa receive their order yet?

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

The LCBO called me back and it turns out my case was still sitting in Toronto (i.e. someone messed up when I called in to ask for it to be shipped up here). He said they'd send it out tomorrow and it'll be here in 2 or 3 weeks. I should have asked him why it takes so long, but I didn't.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Roland + Russell wrote:Hello to all!

We are pleased to announce that the second round of O'Hanlon's orders was just released by the LCBO. Those that ordered will be receiving emails from us later today with details about pick up and balance owing.

The shipment for restaurants is expected to be released in the next day or so. We will post a list of establishments that will be carrying this fantastic line of beers later this week.

For all interested parties we will be preparing another order for O'Hanlon's brewery with a deadline of June 1.

We hope you can all enjoy your beer this weekend!
Best regards to all on the forum!
Hmmmm... Again, I have not received any information. Can you verify that my order is in your system? I believe I placed my order Jan. 11th.

Thanks!

Andrew