Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Introducing Bar Towel Radio!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Introducing Bar Towel Radio!

Post by Cass »

Hi folks,

I'm happy to introduce something I've been thinking about for a while - a Bar Towel podcast, a.k.a. Bar Towel Radio!

The intention is to have Bar Towel Radio provide introductions and overviews to beer fans about what's happening in the Ontario beer scene. I think many people are coming to the site for the first time and there's a lot to digest about what's happening out there. I'd like BTR to help give new beer fans a resource for all the great things in the beer industry.

I'm aiming to do a new episode every week or two, each nice and compact at 10-15 minutes.

Initially I'm going to focus the episodes on interviewing beer personalities in the industry - and for the inaugural episode I'm happy to say that Black Oak's Ken Woods was our guest.

You can download the MP3 file of the episode at the following link.

http://www.bartowel.com/radio/Bar%20Tow ... 202007.mp3

This is my first one, so comments are welcome.

If anyone would like to be interviewed for a future episode, please drop me an email at cass@bartowel.com.

Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

nice work, that was neat. i'll definitely be checking out future broadcasts.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Good stuff, Cass! That made for a nice listen. I look forward to more episodes.

beergut111

Post by beergut111 »

Sweet ! ive been wondering if this would happen for a while

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Really cool. Ken is a great guy, and this was a nice interview. Keep up the good work.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks guys, glad you like it so far.

You can subscribe to the radio show now with this feed:

http://www.bartowel.com/radio/index.xml

Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Great Cass!
I've listened to it twice now.

The info is fantastic, and I found out a lot about Black Oak.

This will be a must listen for me!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

I just want to say this is a fantastic idea and about time. While I listen to great homebrewing Podcasts like Basicbrewing, Bar Towel Radio is a great way to stay on top of the Ontario scene.

Keep up the great work

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

That guy sounds like a whiny wanker.

(actually it was a lot of fun and went really well after Cass's dog stopped barking at me, critical even before the interview)

I look forward to hearing more of these.
Guess i'll have to upgrade my 286.

Cheers
Ken

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Great addition to the site Cass! I just played the first podcast and the audio is clean and clear...at least by the standards of my small polk audio set up. Great idea to get some inside background on the brewers we have supported in the local craft market.

two thumbs up 8)
Aventinus rules!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

If anyone wishes to subscribe through iTunes, you can do so now here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =254373074

(yay!)

There will be a new episode (hopefully) by Victoria Day, and another one later next week.

Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

How interesting, it seems the Ontario Craft Brewers just launched a podcast. Their first episode has an interview with Wellington County.

http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/blog ... y/podcast/

Their concept seems somewhat familar... :-)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass - how did you find out about the OCB blog & podcast? Unless I'm missing something, the main page of their website still seems to be the same old page that hasn't been updated in two years or so.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I found about it in a roundabout way - my friend told me about the podcast as it was indexed in iTunes' directory. I listened to it and it mentioned ontariobrewer.ca. Very odd that their home page isn't updated with this info.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Cass wrote:I found about it in a roundabout way - my friend told me about the podcast as it was indexed in iTunes' directory. I listened to it and it mentioned ontariobrewer.ca. Very odd that their home page isn't updated with this info.
So brand new URL ontariobrewer.ca redirects to ontariocraftbrewers.com/blog, while the established URL ontariocraftbrewers.com hasn't been updated in almost two years and doesn't mention the blog or podcast at all.

Way to go, OCB. :roll: