Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Volo Hosting Summer Saison Sampler Event

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Volo Hosting Summer Saison Sampler Event

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi All Y'all
This Friday at 7:00 (sorry about the short notice) Ralph from Volo will be hosting a Tasting session for a few versions of our Summer Saison.
Included will be:
A pin of cask conditioned Summer Saison on Hand pull
A pin of Cask conditioned "Marmelade Edition" Summer Saison on gravity
(Adrian cut up some fresh Grapefruit, Orange & Lemon Peel and added it to the pin)
Summer Saison on Draft
Bottled 2006 Summer Saison

Ralph has also posted this on his website.

I think it will be an interesting & very causual event.
Myself, Adrian the brewmaster and Simon the brewer will be there for some fun and feedback.

I hope you can come out and join us, it should be fun and the weather looks like it will be a perfect summer nite too.

Cheers from under the desk of:
Ken

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Hi All Y'all
This Friday at 7:00 (sorry about the short notice) Ralph from Volo will be hosting a Tasting session for a few versions of our Summer Saison.
curses, that would have been fun...any chance you can relocate the event to phog down in windsor? :)

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Just tried the 07 BO summer saison ..wow...the coriander really has been brought forward this year and rides along with the hops in a really decent affinity...great stuff Ken. 8)
Aventinus rules!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I made it down to this tonight, and had a great time. It wasn't too busy, so we were able to have a relaxing meal and try all of the Saison variations (doing the $6 flight of samples of the 3 draught/cask versions was a great idea on Ralph's part).

The "Marmalade Edition" was pretty much the unanimous favourite at our table, and resulted in a round of full glasses being once the sampler flights were polished off. Great job once again, Ken & co.! :D

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I also checked this out. Quite enjoyed it. I probably would have stayed for a second pint, but I could hear my pillow calling from home.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I was able to swing by at about 1am to see if anything was leftover - luckily Ralph had just enough left in the "Marmalade" pin to fill a small glass - wow that was certainly something! Great job guys putting it together.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I am seriously late to this tasting (!) but the Black Oak Saison I had at Victory is one heck of a sweet draught pull around Toronto. That Marmelade Edition sounds great - halfway between a Wit and a Saison - sorry I missed that.
In Beerum Veritas