Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak's Summer Saison Now Available

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Black Oak's Summer Saison Now Available

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi All Y'all
Despite our previous record for seasonal beers the following wonderful event has occurred:
The Summer Saison (2007 edition) is now available.
We've just shipped out some kegs (Volo & Victory, Bow & Arrow)
and are hoping to get some more bars interested.
Bottles are complete with a cap, label & a box and are available at the brewery.
Like before for seasonals i will deliver a minimum of 6 cases with good directions and a credit card number, within the Toronto area at a pre arranged time.
Prices are:
6-Pack $12.25
12-Pack $22.75
24-Pack $43.25
Retail hours are posted daily on voice mail 905-339-1037.

This years edition has been tweaked by Adrian the Brewmaster and the results are fan-dam-tastic!!!
Our Saison is based on the Belgian style using wheat malt, corriander and orange zest. Its unfiltered and very refreshing.

I hope you enjoy

Cheers from under the desk of:
Ken

PS we do have some cases of Double Chocolate Cherry Stout left (it cellars very well) in case anyone is interested.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Had a number of pints last night at the Bow. Very nice!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I had a few the other night too. Fantastic. I like the fact that the spicing is subtle and not overboard like too many others of the style are tempted to do.

Drinks well, plays with food well and does not anesthetize the palette; typical classy Black Oak touch!

Please find shelf space in nearby retail soon!!! :D

Beer Wench

Post by Beer Wench »

Sampled this last night at the Vic. Wow, big flavour! I loved the orange zest and coriander flavours. And I agree, while these were definitely discernable, they did not obliterate other flavours in the beer. In fact, for me I found a teasing of nutmeg somehow as well.

I think it's marvellous how beers like this one are developed and nurtured each year and take on subtle new characteristics. Makes life very interesting for us beer drinkers.
Cheers,
Beer Wench
Victory Cafe

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I had it at Victory Cafe last night after the Argos game, mmmmm tasty, i was very impressed, the changes are a definite improvement IMO.

Dunno if i can make the comparison testing at Volo tonight, but if anyone out there is interested in this beer, i would suggest trying to get there.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Delicious on Draught, very soft & wheaty, fruity aroma, not too much funk or sting (easy drinking Saison), nicely assertive hop finish that is not brassy.
In Beerum Veritas

TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I picked up some of your Summer Saison alongside some Chocolate Cherry Stout over a month ago. They were both great. Nice job. But now its all gone and I'm just too far away from Oakville right now. Poor me. Maybe next week ...