Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Canadian Brewing Festival

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Has anyone ever been to this festival in Guelph? The dates have been set for this year's fest:

Thursday September 20th, 7 pm - Midnight

Friday September 21st, 4 pm - Midnight

Saturday September 22nd, 4 pm - Midnight

At the Guelph Sports & Entertainment Centre, 150 Wyndham Street, Guelph.

Rick Miller

Post by Rick Miller »

I've heard from a friend of a friend, etc, that the festival is "okay". Not the best of reviews I'm afraid. Do they have a website? Have they announced which breweries will be attending?

Cheers,

Rick

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

I went to this festival 4-5 years ago, and I must agree that it was not all that great :mad:

I can't say if it has improved or not since. Maybe time to try it again this year.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

They have a website <a href="http://www.gcbf.net/">here</a>. No sign of participating breweries yet.

I've heard from friends that went to Guelph U. that the fest wasn't that great either...

Hippie

Post by Hippie »

I was at the show the first year and then agin last year. I must say that i thought they did a great job last year. The first year was crowded and too much emphasis on LAbatts, Molson, Sleeman. Last year however, they expanded to more than one area so that there was more room to move around and it was quieter so i could speak with the brewers, (Unibroue sold their glasses there too!) Being as chefg the food selction was also appealing too with a really nice cooking demo of bison! I am not sure if i can get down again this year, i would like to see what sort of venue this new place is? Maybe less kids not being on the Guelph campus.

BreathPatrol

Post by BreathPatrol »

They have now updated the web-site and have 24 breweries listet
BreathPatrol Is the only all Natural breath Lozenge on the market today that actually works. NO CHEMICALS. It totally eliminates odors from alcohol, garlic, onion, and smoking or just plain bad breath.
Our customers say it tastes just like a normal ca