Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2007 Nutcracker???

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

2007 Nutcracker???

Post by pootz »

Any word on whether Black Oak will be offering Nutcracker this winter??

Ken?
Aventinus rules!

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I have two bottles left over from the Canadian Brewing Awards. They are sitting in the basement waiting to get drank.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Please? Pretty please? I'm looking forward to it on cask again. Yummy.

Plus I'm going to get a 2-4 of that stuff this year.
lister

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Mmmm...the perfect beer for the festive season! I'd love to see this again. How wide was its bottled distribution last year?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Bobsy wrote:How wide was its bottled distribution last year?
It was only available via direct purchase at the brewery, or delivery of a minimum of (I think) 3 cases.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Thanks Greg. As good as it is, I don't think I could manage three cases! I'm sure if it is released we will be seeing it in some of our great city's finer establishments.

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi All
Sorry for not lurking so much, Just too much to do and not enough time to get it all done.

This Thursday the 2007 Nutcracker Porter will be brewed.
Adrian and Simon will be doing the secret Nutcracker Porter Dance when the cinnamon is added during the brew.

If all goes well, it should be available the second week of November (give or take a day or two!!!!) Bottles via the retail store, Kegs to great beer pubs and a few casks to the extra special pubs.

Further details will be released when the packaging is completed.

Best of the season to everyone from all of us at Black Oak!!!!

PS
We've casked off some of the 2005 Nutcracker Porter that has been aging in a Bourbon barrel hidden away in the depths of our fridge (actually buried under a bunch of junk).
Its really impressive. & its called BB 2005 Nutcracker. We'd rather not share, but we would like some outside opinions
Some will be available at Volo Cask days. We're not sure when to release the other casks. I'm hoping everyone will get a chance to try a pint.
Look forward to seeing you at the events.

Cheers from under the desk of:
Ken

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:
Adrian and Simon will be doing the secret Nutcracker Porter Dance when the cinnamon is added during the brew.

Cheers from under the desk of:
Ken
Obviously the impact of this secret dancing ritual adds to the unique character of the brew...if Adrian were to have a certain type of footware or perhaps new "foot-work" in this year's porter dance would this skew the brew to either spicy or bitter?...do Fuller's know about the secret porter brewing dance?
Aventinus rules!

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

I am looking forward to this release. It's worth the drive to Oakville.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Will there be delivery of bottles to Toronto if certain numbers are met like the previous years?
lister

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I was at Volo last night, and they had just put some Nutcracker on. Happy drinking!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I e-mailed Ken at the Brewery this morning and he let me know that it will 'officially' be available for purchase tomorrow.
If I am stealing anyone's thunder....I apologize. I plan on going there myself tomorrow to indulge over my birthday.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Ken,
Do you put your head between your legs, speak swahili and kiss a chicken at any time during the Nutcracker dance? Or does this just work for me. I'd mention that I am naked too, but nobody needs that visual. Oh, I guess you have it now...
"Every day above ground is a good one."

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

PRMason wrote:Ken,
Do you put your head between your legs, speak swahili and kiss a chicken at any time during the Nutcracker dance? Or does this just work for me. I'd mention that I am naked too, but nobody needs that visual. Oh, I guess you have it now...
awwwgggffffmm...gaaaack Perry! That "visual" just blew porter through my nose all over the keyboard. :x
Aventinus rules!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PRMason wrote:Ken,
Try not to hurt yourself (or make chicken beer.)
In Beerum Veritas