Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo Beerfest Tickets and Parking

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

Post by Manul »

I wonder if anyone knows if buying tickets on the spot will be a problem and also some convenient parking spots in the area.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Lyle, who is one of the organizers, has mentioned to me that it won't sell out. Picking up tickets at the door shouldn't be a problem.

As for parking, this should be easy as well. There's lots of parking in downtown Buffalo, and its mostly unused on weekends (as far as I know). Last year, although the fest was on a Sunday, we parked in an underground lot for free, just steps away from the fest.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Very exciting! Can't wait...may kill some time that morning by doing some shopping at Premier Gourmet before heading over to the fest.

See you there!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yeah, it's going to be a good time. And I'm staying for 48hrs. so no search this time by the customs crew. :smile:

One tip - I'd advise everyone going to not show up late. It's only a 4 hour fest, and there are a number of beers in very small quantities. Last year I showed up an hour or two late and missed a number of the rarities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2001-08-20 21:51 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Ideally, of course, we could find out ahead of time what those rarities might be. I've run into this at other fests where by the time I heard about something it was too late. So if anybody hears anything, let us know!

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Don't worry guys - I'll get you the info. The "rarities" that ran out last year were a few of the imports, but I think we talked them into bringing more beer this time.

Don't worry - the IPAs will keep flowing. I'll try to get you a list of most of those as well. I have to finish writing the program in the next day or two. We're still waiting to hear from ~6-8 breweries.
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net