Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Premier Gourmet Beer Listing!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'm happy to announce that Premier Gourmet's beer listing is now available on the site.

Many thanks go out to Lyle Ostrow, who generously provided the list. It is not 100% complete, as Premier is getting new beers all the time, and often in small quantities. But by looking at the list, it's obvious that you'll always be able to find something interesting there!

http://www.bartowel.com/reports/premier_beerlist.phtml

A word of warning - Premier has so many beers, the list is huge! It's about 425kb, so give it some time to load up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2001-08-20 20:49 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

A lot of beers on the list are very well known, but there are a lot of fantastic beers on that list that are not so well known. You will be doing yourself a great favour to try any of these...

Eggenberg Urbock 23 (doppelbock heaven)
Oerbier
Vapeur d'Antan (if you love sour beers...)
A. le Coq Imperial Stout
Salopian Entire Butt
La Bavaisianne (a must for malt lovers)
GrootVorst Vermeer
RCH Old Slug (a must for porter lovers)
Swale's Indian Summer & Pride of Romsey IPA(English IPA can be good)

Mordue Workie Ticket
anything from 't IJ
Zywiec Porter (forget Okocim, this is the stuff you've been looking for - Baltic glory)

Victory Prima Pils/Old Horizontal (what a brewery!)

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Why no prices?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I didn't include the prices primarily because I don't want potential visitors to Premier to fixate on the prices. For all of Ontario's faults when it comes to beer, we receive very good pricing, especially for imported beer.

For instance, Rochefort 8 sold for $2.80 when it came out at Vintages. At Premier, it sells for $8.59(US$) for the same size bottle. This is obviously an extreme example, but looking at the list and seeing so many $8-$9+ bottles at $50-$60+ (all US$) cases would be quite a shock for any price-sensitive beer connoisseurs. I'd like the focus to be on the selection, not the prices. Further, the prices are very susceptible to change, and would be difficult to keep updated.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

If anyone is having compatibility problems with the list, or would like a cleaner version for printing, I have created a PDF version of the list here:

http://www.bartowel.com/reports/Premier_Beerlist.pdf

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

<drool> Time to empty my pockets into Victory's coffers :smile:

I wonder, are those Rogue XS cases like a sampler pack, or just a case of one kind of bottle? Those little suckers are pricey but some kind of value sampler case would hit the spot...

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

A, the Rogue XS Rainbow pack is made up of 4 Smoke, 5 I2Pa, 5 Imperial Stout, 5 McRogue Scotch and 5 Old Crustacean.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The Smoke, eh? Hmmmm...I don't think I've ever tried that one before. Might be an expensive weekend down at the Fest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2001-08-21 13:37 ]</font>

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Actually, Rogue stopped making the "smoke" in the small XS bottles about a year and a half ago. They are planning to re-release the Rogue Smoke in the 22oz. bottles.

As far as I know, they also haven't released the mixed XS cases in about a year because they ran out of this year's Old Crustacean and the Smoke. However, they may have rereleased them by now. Premier will certainly give a "case price" on mixed case of XS bottles, no problem...
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyle on 2001-08-21 14:05 ]</font>

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Well, the Smoke isnt tempting me (Same reason I dislike the Immort Ale and, for that matter, the Alba Scots Pine from Scotland - 'Wood' is not a flavor I pleasantly associate with anything other than a big steak :smile: ), but a mixed case of the Impy, McRogue and Crustacean would be nice.

Thanks for the info.