Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Akin for an Impy

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Oh there is the Sinha stout...not too shabby but often overlooked.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Conrad hall is an all-girls residence at Laurier. I'm in the King St. residence. I've tried that beer store before for TP but they were out :(. So then I asked about Raftman, as they're supposed to carry it too, and of course, NOTHING! But thanks for the heads up.

Sinha stout is something I've been meaning to re-visit. I've already had and rated it, but was young, and didn't know quite what to make of it at the time. I think I might try cellaring it actually. It's only $1.90 for a bottle at the LCBO.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

I don't think the Sinha takes well to aging, atleast theoretically as it is not bottle conditioned. I'm in Waterloo also, I might make a trip up to Buffalo in a month or two and can grab some stuff for ya.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

That'd be pretty cool, and amazingly appreciated, but um, I guess since we have the same variety of beers available to us, trading would be sort of stupid :P , but provided I have money, I tend to spend what I have to to get good beer. Sinha's not bottle conditioned? Uh oh.......better go home and check my cellar :o ........kidding kidding.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

No problem...I usually make a few beer runs annually. Put aside 50 bucks or so it should get ya a sweet 24 mixer of stouts.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Regarding imperial stouts... we are considering bringing Mikkeller's Black Hole here on consignment, if there is interest. They have many great beers, but it is difficult and costly to bring them all in due to lab testing requirements at the LCBO.

We can't make any promises, but we will do our best to have a fine imperial stout available in the new year for you!

Best regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

I know that Conrad is a girls dorm.... I lived at WCRI on Phillip St. for a few years. I was trying to be funny, which really is a stretch for me.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Roland + Russell wrote:Regarding imperial stouts... we are considering bringing Mikkeller's Black Hole here on consignment, if there is interest. They have many great beers, but it is difficult and costly to bring them all in due to lab testing requirements at the LCBO.

We can't make any promises, but we will do our best to have a fine imperial stout available in the new year for you!

Best regards,
That would be great...but how expensive will it be?

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

KwaiLo wrote:I know that Conrad is a girls dorm.... I lived at WCRI on Phillip St. for a few years. I was trying to be funny, which really is a stretch for me.
I feel pretty gay for not knowing that.

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

Jan Primus wrote: I feel pretty gay for not knowing that.
Why? That was directed mostly at JesseM.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

The John By Imperial Stout has finally made its way to Queen's Quay and to Summerhill. Wider distribution is coming soon. I have been under the weather for a couple of weeks so I could not do the deliveries myself.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

KwaiLo wrote:I know that Conrad is a girls dorm.... I lived at WCRI on Phillip St. for a few years. I was trying to be funny, which really is a stretch for me.
Haha, no I wasn't offended or anything, I was just clearing up confusion over what Conrad was because someone asked.

I'm pretty sure I can manage to set aside at least $50.

Mikkeller Black Hole would be pretty amazing to have. LCBO does lab tests? What?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Jan Primus wrote:I don't think the Sinha takes well to aging, atleast theoretically as it is not bottle conditioned.
I have kept Samuel Smith's IS for a year and that isn't bottle-conditioned. It's completely pasteurized. The Sinha may not gain from cellaring but seems reasonably stable.
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Belgian wrote:The Sinha may not gain from cellaring but seems reasonably stable.
I've put some bottles of Sinha away in my basement and found them to have improved after 1.5 years. Having said that, it's a pretty fine beer straight from the shelf.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Roland + Russell wrote:Regarding imperial stouts... we are considering bringing Mikkeller's Black Hole here on consignment, if there is interest. They have many great beers, but it is difficult and costly to bring them all in due to lab testing requirements at the LCBO.

Best regards,
Closer to home, any chance of bringing in some of Southern Tier's Blackwater Series...the Oat, Jah-va or Imperial Choklat Stout?