Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Paulaner Salvator

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Illuminatus

Paulaner Salvator

Post by Illuminatus »

Pretty much everyone's had it, but I think it's one of the more unappreciated deals at the LCBO. $2.10/341mL bottle is pretty good for a very tasty dopplebock. I get honey and molasses in the nose, and honey, sweet malt, and lightly scorched nuts in the flavour. If it wasn't so damn strong, I'd drink a lot more of it.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Illuminatus wrote:lightly scorched nuts in the flavour.
Dude, you really should get a doctor to check on that...

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

GregClow wrote:
Illuminatus wrote:lightly scorched nuts in the flavour.
Dude, you really should get a doctor to check on that...
:lol:

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

Illuminatus wrote:Pretty much everyone's had it, but I think it's one of the more unappreciated deals at the LCBO. $2.10/341mL bottle is pretty good for a very tasty dopplebock.
I agree. I havent had very many dopplebocks, but I definitely liked this one better than the Weltenburger one I had earlier this year.