Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

It's happening???

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cannondale
Bar Fly

It's happening???

Post by cannondale »

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

It's a nice thought all right. But the biggies aren't going anywhere. We'll just see more mergers, more "Blue Moons," and more buyouts (a la Creemore). That's not to say that craft beer won't continue to grab market shares from the biggies, but look around. It would take an ice age to kill off all of the Coors drinkers.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

The_Jester wrote:It would take an ice age to kill off all of the Coors drinkers.
Funny, I think their advertising uses that theme :)

Magni

Post by Magni »

A nice thought, but seriously.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

It's a nice thought all right. But the biggies aren't going anywhere. We'll just see more mergers, more "Blue Moons," and more buyouts (a la Creemore). That's not to say that craft beer won't continue to grab market shares from the biggies, but look around. It would take an ice age to kill off all of the Coors drinkers.
Okay, let's go cynical then. What the hay.

I hear ya. I live in the city with perhaps the greatest proportion of citizens who, upon being told by the guy with that ridiculous voice that labatt blue is 'the good stuff', believe it. All that has to happen is for craft beer to become the next objet du jour of urban snobbery (a la SUV's, stainless steel friggin everything, sushi, etc.). Then it will spread like wildfire. I mean, it's happening with blinds and vacuum cleaners for pete's sake. So good beer can't be far behind. Then again, 'America's Next Top Housekeeper' might not be either.

Zithal

Post by Zithal »

What's with all the Coors-haters??

IT TASTES COLD, MAN!!! DON'T YOU GET IT??

It. Tastes. Cold.

A billboard in Toronto told me. Billboards don't lie.

Lay off the Coors.
The_Jester wrote:It's a nice thought all right. But the biggies aren't going anywhere. We'll just see more mergers, more "Blue Moons," and more buyouts (a la Creemore). That's not to say that craft beer won't continue to grab market shares from the biggies, but look around. It would take an ice age to kill off all of the Coors drinkers.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Zithal wrote:What's with all the Coors-haters??

It. Tastes. Cold.

Lay off the Coors.
And apparently the cans fly!

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Tapsucker wrote:
Zithal wrote:What's with all the Coors-haters??

It. Tastes. Cold.

Lay off the Coors.
And apparently the cans fly!
and change colour when it's REALLY cold.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Zithal wrote:
The_Jester wrote:It's a nice thought all right. But the biggies aren't going anywhere. We'll just see more mergers, more "Blue Moons," and more buyouts (a la Creemore). That's not to say that craft beer won't continue to grab market shares from the biggies, but look around. It would take an ice age to kill off all of the Coors drinkers.

What's with all the Coors-haters??

It. Tastes. Cold.

Lay off the Coors.

I shouldn't have said anything. I was out of line, and it is clear I am a fool.

I am an ignoramus and my silly comments show how much of classless act I am.

Please accept my apologies and trust I will never make such rash generalizations in the future again.

(With no offense intended, SteelbackGuy.)
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

No flavour come remotely close to cold, and no sound is better than red.