Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Guide Forum

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Beer Guide Forum

Post by Jon Walker »

Might I suggest a beer guide forum? There are lots of new folks (and some old) popping up and asking about beer in such and such location...in many cases these places have been discussed and detailed in multiple threads all over the other forums. If we had one forum devoted to such info someone could go to the "Beer in Colorado" thread when they next have a trip there and read all the accumulated info. It would also be a good way to keep others updated if a recent visit turned up a new locale, a closed brewery, etc...

Just a thought. We could even start it with the thread relating to Josh's article about good beer in Toronto.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Good idea Jon. I think I'll ditch the intro to beer section, which was a decent idea but didn't take hold, and swap with a local guides section.

Magni

Post by Magni »

I like that idea seeing as I'm only a few years into my beer love.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

A good start might be links to the various threads from days gone past? Theres a good half dozen threads on Belgium alone.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JerCraigs wrote:A good start might be links to the various threads from days gone past? Theres a good half dozen threads on Belgium alone.
Threads can actually be moved from one folder to another. So once the change is made, it would be a good idea to move such threads into it.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

This would also be a great place to put any announcements you get from distant brewers. While a press release local to say, Portland, might not mean much to us here, it might be good to share with someone travelling there.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Good job Cass! That big-ass Buffalo thread that used to be stickied would probably be a good one to have in there too.