Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I had a rare trip into TO this morning and tried to stop by Volo for a "lunch" Hop Head IPA. Alas, I am a dumb-ass and didn't check the hours online, only to read on the door that it opens at 4 (the bottles inside were mocking me!). Instead, I am now back in the Hammer, sitting down to my first Stuart's Natural Session Ale.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

velovampire wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Brickman pils, while some of you buggers are still at work. Muahahaha! Muahahaha! Muahahaha!
I'd rather be working than drinking Brickman Pils..... :wink:

LOL!!

+1.

Just had a break on the patio though, Chambly on a hot day, very nice...
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Just finished off a SI Stuart's Organic, moving on to Durham Signature....

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

A tad of Wiser's Very Old (18 years) whisky. A world class product for a very reasonable price.

Gary

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

had a can of London Pride, now i've moved on to a can of Kostritzer, and afte ri think i'll enjoy a Liberty Ale. I'm enjoying an LCBO night.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

old faithful wrote:A tad of Wiser's Very Old (18 years) whisky. A world class product for a very reasonable price.

Gary
That's funny. I decided to take a night off of beer, and am enjoying a double of Laphoraig Quarter Cask. Mmmm so peaty and assertive.

I haven't had the 18 year old Weiser's though. WHat are the flavours Gary?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

The wood is evident but not heavy or overbearing. The body is much heavier than most Canadian whiskies and there is a spicy complex taste which is very appealing. It seems to have a high proportion of genuine rye whiskies in the blend (not just the lighter-distilled corn whiskies that are the base of most (not all) Canadian whiskies). The palate is creamy and very integrated. There might be some sherry influence as well. A fine drink, as is Laphroig Quarter Cask (but completely different of course).

Gary

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

Im having a Goose Island Honkers Ale right now. I also have some ST IPA, Fullers London Pride, Konig pilsener, Christoffel, and an Innis & Gunn in the fridge. Not sure yet what I'll have next.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hawks28 wrote: ST IPA
Just 'cos it's there in the fridge. Cheers all!
In Beerum Veritas

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

man, i really can;t get into those Innis & Gunn beers. Man they are just hard to put down, a few sips, and i'm all set, and ready to move on. They are like liquid butter, and quite harsh i find.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Yeah I've always felt that way about Innis & Gunn.

Sipping on a snifter of La Barberie Stout Impérialeat the moment. Pretty good, maybe under-rated on RB, better than I was expecting. Bitter as hell and intense the whole way through, just like an Imperial Stout should be!

There's just something about heat waves that makes me really want a nice big Imperial Stout :evil: :lol: .
Last edited by JesseM on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

i wasn't a big fan of that stout. I think i might have had an off bottle. I found it quite lactic, and it had an off sour olive oil note to it. I didn't like it very much.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Yeah I'm willing to bet the brewery might have bottle-to-bottle issues. I didn't get any sour olive oil notes. On the contrary, it lacked the usual ridiculous anise and tar aspects I tend to hate in some Imperial Stouts. More chocolate and maltiness. A but lactic though, like you said.

So far I'm impressed with the selection of stuff my parents brought me back from a recent family trip to Ottawa (my Dad got me a bunch of stuff from Marche Jovi because I couldn't go on the trip due to work). Shared a bomber of RJ Le Cheval Blanc Cap Espoir with him earlier today. Man was that stuff good, I wish I could get it on a regular basis. My favourite Belgian Ale I've come across.

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

Just back from Mill St. and its cask IPA has never been better. A very English pint.

Gary

Magni

Post by Magni »

Had a bottle of good ol NS Blueberry wine.

Vile.