Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

I like when people bring me beer!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

My girlfriend just came back from Belgium with a bottle of Cantillon Geuze and a bottle of 'Mad Bitch', a tripel, from The Mad Brewers.

Another friend stopped in Quebec and returned with 1837, Ephemere, and Coup de Grisou.

Haven't cracked any of them open yet, but I am looking forward to them. Mostly, I am just impressed that I have people sufficiently well trained to know that bringing me back beer from outside Ontario is a good idea :smile:

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

You lucky so-and-so, JerCraigs.

I may not be as fortunate, but I am still fortunate to some degree: a friend just returned from Belgium and brought me a bottle of St.-Feuillien Blonde *with a glass*.

I am so pleased just looking at the bottle in my fridge that I may not drink it for a while. And as for the glass, I am taking practice runs with some of the Éphémère products. (I'm on my third 8-pack.)

(BTW -- My Belgian friend, J.C., says that the name is pronounced "sanh-foy-lee-enh". You pronounce the L's.)

-Uncle Bobby

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle Bobby on 2003-06-12 10:49 ]</font>

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Isn't anticipation a beautiful thing.

Slainte