Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Street's new beers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Yeah, well, I'm a bricks and ivy man myself. A Sgt. Major's sign that big would have annoyed me, too, just not so much. That thing is about nine times the size it ought to be. Not my pub, though, and all I can do is close my eyes til I get in the door.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2003-06-08 01:37, Josh Oakes wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications, Michael. But of course impressions are more important than fact when you're dealing with the public. And I still don't like that when you walk into the brewery all you see is an endless wall of Organic Lager.
I agree with you there, Josh. Even if the tap station was in place at the brewery with all of the beers available, those fridges make it look like Mill Street only produces one beer. Hopefully, they'll get those other beers in bottles soon so that will change - and so I'll be able to get some Pale Ale and Coffee Porter to take home! :smile:

Greg

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

I called Mill St. last week regarding the Pale Ale and the girl I spoke with explained that they were all out and to call back later this week (June 20th-ish). I plan to do that, if I do get my paws on the Tankhouse Pale I'll be sure to post a review...

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2003-06-16 22:34, JWalter wrote:
I called Mill St. last week regarding the Pale Ale and the girl I spoke with explained that they were all out and to call back later this week (June 20th-ish). I plan to do that, if I do get my paws on the Tankhouse Pale I'll be sure to post a review...
Strange, they had it at their booth at the St. Lawrence beer festival this past weekend. So I don't see how they could've been "all out" until later this week - unless they'd set aside their last keg(s) for the festival.

As for getting your "paws on it" - none of the Mill Street beers except the Lager are currently available in bottles, so the best you'll be able to do is have a taste at the brweery (assuming they have it on tap) or at one of the locations that is selling it on draft. The restaurants in the Distillery District should have all of the Mill Street beers available, and I believe the Dominion Tavern on Queen Street East has most or all of them on as well.

Greg