Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

beer at buffalo bills game

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:Not even on par. Please don't make me explain why.
Oh double standards. Whatever.
Couldn't take the high road could you? I suggest you do a little research before you start equating the slur "fag" with "meathead".

Had you stuck to the topic of beer perhaps you wouldn't have illustrated to all of us your particular social nescience.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Jon Walker wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:Not even on par. Please don't make me explain why.
Oh double standards. Whatever.
Couldn't take the high road could you? I suggest you do a little research before you start equating the slur "fag" with "meathead".

Had you stuck to the topic of beer perhaps you wouldn't have illustrated to all of us your particular social nescience.
Sorry, but when someone personally insults me and a large group of my friends I am going to defend myself and them. I, nor are my friends, "meatheads".

As for my use of the word "fag", shock value jon boy, and nothing more. Get over yourself.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
Sorry, but when someone personally insults me and a large group of my friends I am going to defend myself and them. I, nor are my friends, "meatheads".
Yeah, and I'm an actor and while there are those in the trade who are no doubt gay so are there gays in your beloved football. Suggesting those who act in plays are "limp wristed fags" is both an insult to me and a HUGE insult to gay men and women who have made it abundantly clear that the terms "fag" and "dyke" are as offensive to them as the term "nigger" is to a black person.

You still think "meathead" and "fag" are equally offensive? Really? Give your head a shake. It's staggeringly sad that prejudice and ignorance can rear its ugly head even on a beer forum.

Seriously, stick to discussing beer. I didn't think you were a bigot when you were professing love for decent IPA. Then you got all redneck on us. Sad way to make a point.
Last edited by Jon Walker on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Jon Walker wrote:You still think "meathead" and "fag" are equally offensive? Really? Give your head a shake. It's staggeringly sad that prejudice and ignorance can rear its ugly head even on a beer forum.

Seriously, stick to discussing beer. I didn't think you were a bigot when you were professing love for decent IPA. Then you got all redneck on us. Sad way to make a point.
Not a redneck or a bigot, but thanks for the complete mislabeling Jon-Jon.

And as you recall I have already attempted to bring this thread back to beer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

We're not getting back to beer with the the two of you bickering like fools.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

SteelbackGuy wrote:We're not getting back to beer with the the two of you bickering like fools.
When it becomes foolish to speak up against prejudice, whether it's on a beer forum or not, I'll officially refrain from ever posting again.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Holy fuck, I realize why I never post on here sometimes. John I got your back.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

I've read through this entire thread three times and I still can't figure out exactly why the word "fag" ever plopped into the bowl.

Not cool.

Maybe I need to go away again for another couple of years ...

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

HogTownHarry wrote:I've read through this entire thread three times and I still can't figure out exactly why the word "fag" ever plopped into the bowl.

Not cool.

Maybe I need to go away again for another couple of years ...
Bah! I was just thinking that it's nice to see you posting again.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:We're not getting back to beer with the the two of you bickering like fools.
When it becomes foolish to speak up against prejudice, whether it's on a beer forum or not, I'll officially refrain from ever posting again.

I didn't suggest that you stop posting Jon, nor did I say anything to promote the use of derogatory language on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter. The use of the word fag in a pejorative sense is absolutely unaceptable.

It's nothing personal and I hope you understand. You were both simply bickering while at the same time asking one another to get back to talking about beer....which wasn't happening. It was clearly going nowhere, or at least it seemed that way to me. Again, nothing personal, we're all here for the same reason....the love of craft beer.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

So does anyone know if Ralph Wilson Stadium actually does serve Flying Bison somewhere?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:So does anyone know if Ralph Wilson Stadium actually does serve Flying Bison somewhere?

I don't know this for sure, but in my personal experiences with gooing to stadiums in the US, they almost always serve at least one craft beer.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

SteelbackGuy wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:So does anyone know if Ralph Wilson Stadium actually does serve Flying Bison somewhere?

I don't know this for sure, but in my personal experiences with gooing to stadiums in the US, they almost always serve at least one craft beer.
I sure hope so, because the thought of swilling back garbage for 6 bucks a piece makes my stomach turn.

At least I'll have some great beer before heading into the game. There's a Premier Centre in Orchard Park. 8)

EDIT: Which apparently is only a wine/liquor store. Laaaame.