Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trafalgar Critical Mass

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Icemachine.
I don't know what version you tried at the beerfest, but like i said in my posting, yes there is a difference in the alcohol %, but the beer is totally different. NOw they claim it's a DIPA, and it is a clear golden color. The beer i had years ago was a belgian strong ale, and it was a very dark ruby color. So for me it was VERY different, but like i said i dont know which one you had at the fest.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

If it is a clear golden colour, it is a totally different beer than the Belgian like one I tried at the beer fest. DIPA, really? I just gave up caring about Trafalgar to be honest.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tupalev wrote:If it is a clear golden colour, it is a totally different beer than the Belgian like one I tried at the beer fest. DIPA, really? I just gave up caring about Trafalgar to be honest.
i gave up caring about trafalger long ago, im a ratings whore and i let all those pretty bombers of their eloras best bitter just sit and rot like the infected mess they were on the shelves of my local LCBO. DIPA or not i no longer care about trafalger.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

tupalev wrote:If it is a clear golden colour, it is a totally different beer than the Belgian like one I tried at the beer fest. DIPA, really? I just gave up caring about Trafalgar to be honest.

Jeff, I feel the same way. I don't even bother anymore. I don't recommend thier products at work, and I don't buy them either.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

$

Post by $ »

I made the mistake of buying this three pack. I poured the "double ipa' down the sink after a sip or two. I don't think I can return the other 2 bottles.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Believe me people, i'm not saying these beers are good, and you should go buy them. I also dumped them. I was just wondering why i've had two different beers under the same name. I only said it was a double IPA cause that is what it is listed as on ratebeer at the moment.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

robinvboyer wrote:Believe me people, i'm not saying these beers are good, and you should go buy them. I also dumped them. I was just wondering why i've had two different beers under the same name. I only said it was a double IPA cause that is what it is listed as on ratebeer at the moment.
Just to further discussion a bit (I also thought this was kinda funny as well).

Last night at work a customer was talking to one of our employees about beer. the customer used the term "tasted like sour apples" when describing trafalgar's ESB.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

i can second that, the "new" critical mass did have a sour apple flavor to it, alongside a cloying sickly sweet nastiness.