Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

2008 Mill St. Barley Wine
Due to the price, I've only ever bought 1 per year, and they're all still in my basement... so I'm curious as well :)
Mat

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I got a 2008 Mill St Barley Wine for Christmas. I dunno if several years of cellaring would have made it drinkable but it was bloody awful when I tried it. I can't bear the dump beer down the drain so I finished it ( and I don't want to scare my wife off buying me beer ) but it took two days and had to be chased down with some tasty brew ( Brooklyn Lager ).

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tonight ive enjoyed a Czechvar, a DFH 60 min, a John By and now a Muskoka Lager

denguy

Post by denguy »

I had two pints of O’hara’s Celtic Stout tonight and I rather enjoyed them.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Had some 2004 Orval last night, and it's just as wonderful as the fresh Orval I was enjoying on the cruise. A stunning Belgian ale!
In Beerum Veritas

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

sipping on a koningshoeven quadrupel at the moment. whaddya mean i have to leave for work in two hours? oh-oh.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

toweringpine wrote:I got a 2008 Mill St Barley Wine for Christmas. I dunno if several years of cellaring would have made it drinkable but it was bloody awful when I tried it. I can't bear the dump beer down the drain so I finished it ( and I don't want to scare my wife off buying me beer ) but it took two days and had to be chased down with some tasty brew ( Brooklyn Lager ).
That's really too bad. The low carbonation and almost 'syrupy" nature of the malts and hops makes it a slow sipper for sure. It reminded me of the Thomas Hardy's ale, but easier to drink. That said, I enjoy the Thomas Hardy's ale as well, even when young, so go figure.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

A raving lesbian lager followed by two bottles of kick your ass double IPA. Pretty good considering my friend made them on an extract kit.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

tonight ive had a Upper Canada Dark then a DFH 60 min IPA, and now a homebrewed Imperial Stout, tis a good night

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

After a long day, a San Miguel single (for shits n giggles), St Peter's Winter Ale, and a whoooole lotta Finlandia Vodka. :o (not really)

Actually, the Winter Ale seemed somewhat Imperial Stout like to me, on a smaller scale, and I thought maybe if I added a shot of the Finlandia to it, I'd essentially have Dogfish Head World Wide Stout!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Bells Brown followed by a ST IPA

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

JesseM wrote:After a long day, a San Miguel single (for shits n giggles), St Peter's Winter Ale, and a whoooole lotta Finlandia Vodka. :o (not really)

Actually, the Winter Ale seemed somewhat Imperial Stout like to me, on a smaller scale, and I thought maybe if I added a shot of the Finlandia to it, I'd essentially have Dogfish Head World Wide Stout!
For a WWS you'd probably have to add half a bottle of Finlandia. That Sh*t is strong! I picked up a case of True North Strong, which is a malty hit of deliciousness. I then moved on to the Post Road Pumpkin I picked up at Summerhill last week (the last two bottles!). Now I'm drinking a Wild Rose Cherry Porter, whic is a western masterpiece. I love beer.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

A General Jack (brewed for Jack Astor's by Brick) while out for dinner tonight. Didn't want to go the Molbatt route, but I really shouldn't have bothered. Probably the worst beer I've ever had out of Brick.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Last night a CUVÉE PRESTIGE 2004 RIGALETS Cahors.

Extremely nice Malbec-based wine. You can't go too wrong with Cahors and Madiran... and you can go VERY wrong with a Bordeaux or Rhône or Burgundy in similar price range.
In Beerum Veritas

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Biergotter Belgian Stout.

It had some great fruitiness & paired well with some blue cheese before dinner.