Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Miami

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

$

Miami

Post by $ »

I need a bit of warmth, going to Miami.

Anyone been to

Abbey Brewing Company
or
Titanic Brewing and Restaurant?

or know any others worth going to?

Oh, and any good beer stores in Miami Beach.

I can't wait to wear my white jacket, pastel t-shit and loafers, I'm gonna be so Miami vice

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

If you are on ratebeer, try messaging Oakes - he used to post on here (and live here and I believe he helped co-found ratebeer) - he lives in Miami now and would be a great resource.

$

Post by $ »

went to Abbey brewing. wish I took a picture. run down building with about 3 stores boarded up and a neon "bar" sign, open door to the dark.... A little worried about going in however...amazing beer.
I forget everything they had on tap and in bottle, but I had a pint of their IPA, which was good, and then 2 pints of Hercules Double IPA. That is some of the best beer on tap I've ever had.

Actually took a train/subway from Miami to the Titanic brewing. Had a sampler, the nut brown stood out, but I think their other stuff is decent too. I had a pint of their double IPA and it was a good drink. They also had Stone IPA and arrogant bastard on tap.

Even at out hotel they had Sierra Nevada pale and lost coast oatmeal stout which wasn't bad at all.

But if you're in Miami for sure check out the Abbey. It's got what you need.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Resurrecting an old thread...heading to Miami on Sunday for a work conference. Anything beery worth checking out?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I'll answer my own question, this spot claims to have the best lineup in Miami.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/3610-abraxas-lounge

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Cass wrote:I'll answer my own question, this spot claims to have the best lineup in Miami.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/3610-abraxas-lounge
9 taps is the best place in the city?

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

just asked my buddy down there and he said "abraxas, lous beer garden, tap 42, beer republic". so you're on the right track to start. let me know if you have any other questions and i'll bounce them off him.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Great new place in South Beach: Yardbird, which describes itself as a Southern table. Great food, atmosphere and about a dozen all-craft beers on tap.

http://runchickenrun.com/assets/files/B ... 2.9FNL.pdf

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Any developments in the last six ( :o ) years? Heading here in early March for a winter getaway. I see Abbey and Yardbird are still open, so will probably check those out. Any other recos would be greatly appreciated.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

My wife just got back. I sent her to Union Beer store and J Wakefield to mule beer back. She's not much of a beer person, but said JW was super cool spot.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

There's lots of beer in the Wynwood area that has emerged in the last few years.

One new place that I really enjoyed was Veza Sur. Within walking distance is also J Wakefield, Concrete Beach and Wynwood Brewing. You could easily spend all day and night wandering around the area.

There isn't much beer-wise in the South Beach zone, but there is a Yard House which does happy hour deals of $2 off all beers or something like that, which was pretty decent.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Thanks folks. We're staying in the Wynwood area so a bar/brewery crawl of the spots Cass mentioned will definitely be in the cards. Union is also a possibility (nice tap list). Below is a quick guide I threw together based on BA and RB reviews for Miami's top-rated beer spots. Hopefully future visitors find it helpful.

Breweries / Brewpubs
J. Wakefield Brewing – 120 NW 24th Street, Miami – BA: 88 / RB: 94 / CS: 91
M.I.A. Beer Company – 10400 NW 33rd Street #150, Doral – BA: 87 / RB: 87 / CS: 87
Abbey Brewing – 1115 16th Street, Miami Beach – BA: 84 / RB: 83 / CS: 84
Wynwood Brewing – 565 NW 24th Street, Miami – BA: 81 / RB: 84 / CS: 83
Lincoln's Beard Brewing – 7360 SW 41st Street, Miami – BA: 83 / RB: 74 / CS: 79
Concrete Beach Brewery – 325 NW 24th Street, Miami – BA: 80 / RB: 76 / CS: 78

Bars / Eateries
Kush Wynwood – 2003 North Miami Avenue, Miami – BA: 94 / RB: 87 / CS: 91
Boxelder – 2825 NW 2nd Avenue, Unit C, Miami – BA: 90 / RB: 76 / CS: 83
Yard House – 1681 Lenox Avenue, Miami Beach – BA: 80 / RB: 86 / CS: 83
LoKal Burgers & Beer – 3190 Commodore Plaza, Miami – BA: 91 / RB: 73 / CS: 82
The Mighty – 2224 SW 22nd Street, Miami – BA: 84 / RB: 73 / CS: 79

Stores
Sunset Corners – 8701 SW 72nd Street, Miami – BA: 85 / RB: 85 / CS: 85
Whole Foods Market – 1020 Alton Road, Miami Beach – BA: 83 / RB: N/A / CS: 83
Total Wine & More – 8851 SW 136th Street, Miami – BA: 88 / RB: 74 / CS: 81
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott