Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Draft London Pride in Toronto

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

old faithful
Bar Fly

Draft London Pride in Toronto

Post by old faithful »

Tonight I had the "hand-pulled" draft at a Duke pub downtown (in First Canadian Place). It was similar to the canned one but better, full of fine aromatic English hops and sweet Maris Otter (or that type) malt. It could have fooled me, so close was it to the real ale version of London Pride.

The canned and keg versions of this beer have improved significantly (in my opinion) in the last few years; don't miss them.

Gary

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

This one's a staple at the Kiwi in Cambridge if anyone's ever in the area. So is the London Porter.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

and soon to 'Mr. Harry' which is listed on the website as 4.8%abv, deep amber with raisin and caramel flavours. I'm looking forward to trying this as a number of local ex-pats give it very solid recommendations.