Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel Announcement!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Excellent news. Congratulations!

I've long wanted to try Garrison's Imperial Pale Ale!

And their Black Lager. Hint hint.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Congratulations!

Order submitted.

I'd love to try the black lager...

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The_Jester wrote:Excellent news. Congratulations!

I've long wanted to try Garrison's Imperial Pale Ale!

And their Black Lager. Hint hint.
I'm not sure the black lager is in production anymore. Wasn't the baltic porter its replacement?

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I'm not sure the black lager is in production anymore. Wasn't the baltic porter its replacement?
You got it. The Grand Balitc Porter was released this winter in place of the Black Lager. I still have two bottles from last years batch cellaring. I cracked one open this year and it was just as nice.

The Grand Baltic Porter actually won a gold medal with a 94/100 score at the World Beer Championships back in February.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I see Garrison is now a banner sponsor.

Sounds like a great brewer. Will check it out Cass.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:Congratulations!

Order submitted.

I'd love to try the black lager...

Once you go black.................. :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Cass,

The order form states that the IPA will be cases of 12x500ml. Are Garrison changing the bottle size as the product is listed on both the NS and NB liquor store sites as being available in a 650ml bomber.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Excellent news! Congrats, Cass.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

The order form states that the IPA will be cases of 12x500ml. Are Garrison changing the bottle size as the product is listed on both the NS and NB liquor store sites as being available in a 650ml bomber
Jon, Garrison just switched to 500ml bottles for all their seasonals and for their IMPA.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Pub Style wrote:
The order form states that the IPA will be cases of 12x500ml. Are Garrison changing the bottle size as the product is listed on both the NS and NB liquor store sites as being available in a 650ml bomber
Jon, Garrison just switched to 500ml bottles for all their seasonals and for their IMPA.
And by JUST, he means JUST. This is the first I've heard of it from here in Halifax. They've been doing the seasonals in the 500 ml, but the ImPA is a new thing.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

This is one of the coolest things I've heard of in a long time as a move towards changing the bureaucracy (or at least finding out more about how it works). Well done Cass and everyone else involved.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

This is really cool Cass, congratulations. First step to global beer domination by Bar Towelites. I think everyone here has always wanted to get into the industry in one way or another, way to actually do it!

$

Post by $ »

Any chance you can give us an overview of your experience in doing this? It would be interesting to hear about dealing with the AGCO and with a brewer.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm definitely excited about this, and glad to see the enthusiastic response.

To answer some of the questions:

- It is Imperial Pale Ale, not IIPA, that was my mistake in the original post and fixed. As Troy mentioned, it will be in a 500ml bottle.

- Anyone in the GTA will need to pick up their order at the private ordering HQ which is at Yonge / Queen's Quay. Outside of the GTA the LCBO will ship to your local store. Strange but this obviously benefits people outside of Toronto.

- Transparency is important to me with this one, its fundamental to the whole venture. The banners are unpaid and I created them using Garrison's graphics. They're to help fill the private order, especially after the news slips down the discussion page.

- I will be documenting my experiences on Free Our Beer (www.freeourbeer.org). I'll try to write the first one shortly about what it took to get to this point. I'll let everyone in the forum know when there are new posts to read.

Anything else, just shout.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

This is great. I fully support this venture. Hoping to split a case of Garrison with some friends!

Next up: Bar Towel Brewery? I'd totally get behind that. :D