Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

April Tasting at Castro's Lounge - Sun Apr 19

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

April Tasting at Castro's Lounge - Sun Apr 19

Post by GregClow »

Castro's Lounge (2116 Queen St. East) will be hosting their next monthly beer tasting on Sunday, April 19th from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Here are the details:

"Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! .. Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"

If you haven't died laughing yet, you obviously need to brush up on your German. And there is no better way then to join us, this Sunday the 19th at 3PM, at Castro's Lounge. We will be doing a tasting of 8 German or German-style Bocks. Ranging from Maibocks for the monks, to Doppel-bocks for the big drinkers, and Ur bocks for the wealthy, we will be tasting a wide variety of the style.

The tasting is $30, and includes some light snacks. RSVP to reserve a table at castroslounge@hotmail.com or 416.699.8272, though walk-ins are always welcome.
Last edited by GregClow on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Damn, I'd love to go to that... but I'm just too busy at this time.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Crap. I can't make this. Too bad. I went to the last one, The Ides of March, and it was great fun. I didn't learn much, but I'm quite sure I would have never been brave enough to try Church Key's Lactese Falcon on my own, so it was pretty good for that experience if nothing else. Plus it's just a cool little bar.