Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Canadian Brewing Awards Gala & Royal York Beer Show

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Seems both of these events will take place on the same evening, November 13. Interesting.
Wonder what brewers will attend which event?

Even more intriguing, will some of the out of province beers entered in the CB Awards be available? We need to find out people.

Joe.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

the prospect of out of town beers is the only thing that would get me to go to the CB Awards rather than the Fairmount event... I may try and do a whirlwind tour and hit both of them :smile:

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Your choice just became much simpler. I have just received an e-mail from the Royal York event people saying that the event has been cancelled due to lack of participation from micro-breweries.
This was not unforeseen. Last year there were promises made to the participants that were not kept. The concensus among us was that this event was a show-piece for the Royal York and not so much for the breweries.
I think this kind of response will become more and more common. Micro-brewery owners are forming a common front to lobby for tax fairness and other items related to this industry. Information is shared more openly and advice sought about participation in such shows. The bottom line is most brewers were not convinced that this one was worth it in its current format.Look for things like the St-Lawrence Market show, C'est What?'s Brewers Festival and the Winking Judge Beer Fests to become the type of events that we will prefer to attend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PRMason on 2003-10-10 09:21 ]</font>

howardt

Post by howardt »

here! here!

Although if the Beer Awards weren't being hosted by a beer friendly and great customer of ours, I would have ducked that one too.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Anyone know what beers will be available at the CB Awards?

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

The loss of the Royal York beer fest is something which I will not lose too much sleep over.

I think that it is disgusting how the Royal York broke their promises to the micros and I am glad to see the micros working together to ensure that they do not get fucked about by them again in the future.