Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Super sale at LCBO! July 30 - Aug2

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

$

Super sale at LCBO! July 30 - Aug2

Post by $ »

http://lcbo.com/main/files/fsi/images/f ... ale_en.pdf

it's so super!

I'm only seeing 2 pages, maybe they are adding more

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I brought my sleeping bag with me to work, I'm camping outside the Rideau store. Anyone with me?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

That is the lamest sale ever.

At least if they put Forty Creek on sale, then I'd be happy!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TJ

Post by TJ »

And such a wide variety of beers styles to choose from. It's an embarrassment of riches I tell you.
Last edited by TJ on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

"Only at the LCBO!" - Because, you know, there's just so many other chains in Ontario that sell alcohol :roll: .

But I most likely will be buying a few of those beers, anything 500mL under $2 is good for me personally (imported German stuff I mean, I would never buy the 1.85 Lakeports).

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JesseM wrote:"Only at the LCBO!" - Because, you know, there's just so many other chains in Ontario that sell alcohol :roll: .

But I most likely will be buying a few of those beers, anything 500mL under $2 is good for me personally (imported German stuff I mean, I would never buy the 1.85 Lakeports).
I will probably buy some Gosser at that price, just for quaffing sake. But one value which I probably don't need to remind folks of is La Fin du Monde for $5.45.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

SteelbackGuy wrote: I will probably buy some Gosser at that price, just for quaffing sake. But one value which I probably don't need to remind folks of is La Fin du Monde for $5.45.
True. My Dad just bought a LFDM branded glass when we were at Marché Jovi so I should remind him about that.

Also, I've always felt the 750's of Chimay Rouge are always a great deal and a delicious beer.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Bytowner wrote:I brought my sleeping bag with me to work, I'm camping outside the Rideau store. Anyone with me?
How about we pick another LCBO. Sleeping outside overnight on that part of Rideau sounds a tad sketchy to me.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Make sure you bring your Air Miles card. :roll:

carguy

Post by carguy »

Actually, Unibroue products are less at The Beer Store. A 750ml bottle is $4.95 (if you can find one) but six packs are always common, and are only $12.95, which is cheaper again than the 750ml bottle. The last time I was in, they were actually on sale for $10.75, thought I don't know if that was a chain wide sale, or just my local store. I picked up three, a Fin du Monde, Maudite and Trois Pistoles.

Since we have to return our empties to TBS, I usually pick up a six of Unibroue when I am there.

And ya, I thought it was a lame sale too, considering the size of the banner they put up on the website!

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Has anybody ever been able to buy a Unibroue bomber at a beer store in Toronto? I see them listed on the boards at most of the TBS I go to but they NEVER have the big ones. Especially frustrating when you are in one that lists bombers of Trois Pistoles for $5.95.

Common enough at the LCBO, I've yet to see them at a TBS in Toronto.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

nickelass wrote:How about we pick another LCBO. Sleeping outside overnight on that part of Rideau sounds a tad sketchy to me.
Ah, c'mon, it's all the rage! Just lots of local character.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Gedge wrote:Has anybody ever been able to buy a Unibroue bomber at a beer store in Toronto? I see them listed on the boards at most of the TBS I go to but they NEVER have the big ones. Especially frustrating when you are in one that lists bombers of Trois Pistoles for $5.95.

Common enough at the LCBO, I've yet to see them at a TBS in Toronto.
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/ourstores/st ... UE+MAUDITE

No listing for Trois Pistoles in Bombers
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

No listing for Trois Pistoles in Bombers
I'm going by what I've seen on the board in at least one TBS. I know it's an error, but it always bugs me when I see it.

carguy

Post by carguy »

LOTS of errors on "the wall" at TBS. My local has Unibroue Raftman and Upper Canada Wheat listed on the wall, but they haven't carried either in at least three years. Bugs me too. I mean really; how hard can it be to keep it up to date? And if it is that hard, then tear down the damn wall and let us browse and pick out our own beer. You would think that a place called "The Beer Store" would be a beer guys heaven, but in fact, I can't think of any retail experience more annoying or frustrating. I'd rather follow my wife through La Senza than go to a beer store.